If I stop doing what I'm doing I will put on weight and not be able to get back on track

2»

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited February 2016
    To cheer you up Rabbit:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyl2tOaKxM

Probably better watch with headphones and a cloak if you're at work;)
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited February 2016
    Just keep the goal in mind and think big!

3kkn69b2mrbc.jpg
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Now I'll have spells where I go over too much for maybe 3 days in a week! But this time I catch it and don't get complacent. The three days often seem to fade away and don't have to be made up calorie-for-calorie, exactly, and that's the really good part.

Last time I lost my weight it really did creep back on, even though my maintenance calories aren't that bad. I just had too many treats or larger portion sizes, period. It tries to slip in if I don't actually count my calories and I don't think that will really change. But I don't have to weigh foods or anything now. Just keep an eye on things and set limits still, yeah. I still weigh at least every other day (I take an average).

Hormonal cravings can be so bad that I do often have too many treats or just more food. But those are the times I still go back down well, so I do even wonder if maybe we don't get a few extra calories for real during periods. I'm not going to test it, though! The goal is always to try to keep it in the right range :grin:

I've not exceeded my goal weight range by more than 2 lbs yet, so it's working! Even if I make it harder for myself sometimes, lol. Some days that's even worth it, to tell the truth (but I'm not a binger, either, so we're not talking tons of calories).
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 350 Member
    edited February 2016
    Your story is my story. I'm back here logging again because it's the only way I've ever found to not put weight on. I'd love to believe eventually I'll get the the point where I don't have to log but despite the fact I'd say, like QueenofHearts, that I eat the same things over and over, the problem is if I'm not logging I just
    1. Overdo the portions.
    2. Have too many little "extras" - that chocolate a kid offers me at school, a small slice of the cake my colleague brings in etc. Nothing wrong with having those things but if I'm not logging them then they add up way too fast...

Definitely this, for me. I got to goal weight about 4+ years ago (with WW), maintained at between 10 & 6 under goal, but in last 18 months got lazy with tracking, portion sizes crept up, too many snacks & extras, despite working out 5x+ per week. Weight crept up to WW goal , but I'm happier at -10 goal...decided to quit paying to not track @ WW, came here...weight is back off. Lesson for me is that I have to keep tracking...keep measuring & weighing. Too easy for me to lose the plot a bit. I don't need to be skinny, but I do need to be as fit & as healthy as possible, the task of tracking is so simple & takes so little time & effort, it's worth it for me.

• lakshva
    lakshva Posts: 44 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Rabbit, thank you for posting this because I do think as such a wise and veteran poster who always seems like this comes easy to her, it's good for the rest of us to see that you have challenges too.

^^This, all day long.

Thanks for posting, Rabbit!

Definitely ^^this.

Well that's what life is all about isn't. We strive to reach where we want to be. And then put in more effort to keep it with us. Soon enough that becomes our second nature!!!
    You have already done so well yourself, I'm sure you will figure this out as well :)

• jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Cheer up rabbit! I have only been maintaining for a few months but have thought the same things as you wrote. I have accepted the fact I will likely be logging and weighing the rest of my life, it's the only way I seem to be able to hold myself accountable.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 569 Member
    My plan for when I reach my goal is to either only log every other day, or to log all week and give myself free weekends. But you are right. I did the same thing.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    @myfelinepal That's great advice. Best wishes.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    @myfelinepal That's great advice. Best wishes.

Thanks you.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Yes, I relate to this! This time is different for me because I'm focused on making life-long habits. Every morning I remind myself that I'm doing this for the rest of my life, so settle in and get used to it. Luckily, it's not that much effort and I like data.
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    To cheer you up Rabbit:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyl2tOaKxM

Probably better watch with headphones and a cloak if you're at work;)

Thank you, @CoffeeNCardio. That was brilliant!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    I'm 20 lbs from maintenance after losing 130 over the last 20 months. I'm looking forward to it!! What is there to be scared of? I'll get to eat a little more and only have to keep the scale within a 5lb or do range. No more pressure to go down down down. I can settle into one wardrobe that will fit for longer than 3 months. I might feel it's worth it to buy a few NEW clothes rather than scouring Goodwill, although I love to do that.

When I decided to start this journey, I realized and accepted that I would need to make major changes to my eating and activity literally for the rest of my life. I've tried to mostly make choices I believe I can keep up forever.

So I say, CELEBRATE MAINTENANCE!!
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Selfishly, I like it when people who I want to be like when I grow down show that it's not always "easy". Keep being human - well, as human as a rabbit can be.

yip! @rabbitjb i tend to look to you as the indestructible maintenance woman! even superheroes lose their powers sometimes (spidey, ironman...all of em)
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Selfishly, I like it when people who I want to be like when I grow down show that it's not always "easy". Keep being human - well, as human as a rabbit can be.
    Thanks @rabbitjb, you are my idol, goddess of maintenance. Thanks so much for keeping it so real. Knowing that you have to "work" at it makes your advice even more valuable to me.
    The best teachers are not the ones that the subject comes easy too, but those who have experience overcoming the challenges.
    Example: People who play music by ear are not always great at reading or writing music. Measuring and tracking is like reading and writing music, as apposed to trusting your ear and memory, it allows you to make and share beautiful music.