Finally putting my progress pictures side by side has been a true eye opener!

Options
2»

Replies

• kellyj0729
    kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    kellyj0729 wrote: »
    You look incredible! Our bodies actually look very similar (your before pics anyway!) How tall are you? I am 5'2" and I started at 142 lbs. I am currently 137 lbs and goal weight is 120. I lost about 25 lbs 2 years ago, got down to 112 lbs but I was "skinny fat." I see the you avoided that with the lifting. Can you tell me what kind kind lifting you are doing and how often?

Thanks! I'm 5'3", so yeah we have very similar starting stats!

To be completely honest, when I started out I was running three days per week with the C25K app on my phone. I was also doing the 21 Day Fix program, but not the eating plan. I still counted calories. I am NOT a Beachbody coach nor do I buy/sell their Shakeology stuff. I only chose the 21 Day Fix workouts because they had a wide variety of exercises per week: pilates, yoga, weights, and cardio and I didn't want to get bored because I know how I can be sometimes. Also, I was able to get it online for free, so I went with that. After two rounds of 21DF and a round of 21DF Extreme, I thought I needed something more intense so I tried ChaLEAN Extreme.

ChaLEAN Extreme was a program I downloaded for free years ago and I always gave up within 30 days, but not this time. It focuses on nothing but resistance training. It's not 150 pound deadlifts or an 100 pound bench press, but it is compound lifts and it WORKED. Besides, I didn't feel ready for intense lifting yet being a beginner and all. I can honestly say that doing the program changed my body composition. Again, I hate Beachbody's Coach/MLM side of things, but some of their workouts are solid. For me, ChaLEAN Extreme is that workout program. My body responded well to it. I just finished the 90 days and I'm doing the 30 day Lean for Life phase. After that's over and I take a week off, I'm going to be looking into more intense lifting to further my progress with my body composition. I also plan to start running again when the weather gets nicer.

Thanks so much for the info! I am going to look into that. I have done Insanity and T25 and enjoyed it a lot. I tried weights at the gym, even hired a personal trainer to get me into a routine and learn how to do everything safely. But, I hate it! I love cardio, kickboxing, yoga, Pilates, running but I really hate lifting! I know it's necessary though so I need to find something I enjoy. I kick myself all the time for having gotten to my goal weight and turn and around and gain it all back. So I am approaching it differently, not just eating 1200 calories and being miserable all the time. Also trying to get over the # on the scale vs how I feel and how my clothes fit. Congrats to your success and hope you continue to achieve your goals.
  • chericarew
    chericarew Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WT serious F?!! That's amazing! You're looking great, huge change in such a short time. Congrats!!
  • alynxx2016
    alynxx2016 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. I hope I get similar results...
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very encouraging story, thank you for sharing it. :)
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    wow you look awesome! Great job!
  • murtthewolf
    murtthewolf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!