Had an unplanned cheat day - how bad should I feel?

Options
2»

Replies

• ConicalFern
    ConicalFern Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I had a "cheat" day yesterday too. We had a potluck at work - superbowl foods, so chili, mac and cheese, layer salad, corn chips, chicken wings, buffalo dip, chips, 7 layer dip brownies... I had a little of everything and logged it as 1000 calories. That might have been underestimated too. Then for dinner we did Chinese takeout. I had a plate of assorted dishes and an egg roll and washed it all down with 2 more brownies. I logged that at 2000. Which might be overestimated, but maybe not.

It was fun, but I'm back on track today.

So will you try and compensate for yesterday at all, or just carry as though it never happened?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I had a "cheat" day yesterday too. We had a potluck at work - superbowl foods, so chili, mac and cheese, layer salad, corn chips, chicken wings, buffalo dip, chips, 7 layer dip brownies... I had a little of everything and logged it as 1000 calories. That might have been underestimated too. Then for dinner we did Chinese takeout. I had a plate of assorted dishes and an egg roll and washed it all down with 2 more brownies. I logged that at 2000. Which might be overestimated, but maybe not.

It was fun, but I'm back on track today.

So will you try and compensate for yesterday at all, or just carry as though it never happened?

I like to compensate ahead of time. Afterwards feels too punitive. I am planning on eating lots of calorie dense foods during the Super Bowl tomorrow and will eat a little less today and tomorrow beforehand, and exercise more.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Lots of people bank their calories for a day when they know they will likely exceed their daily caloric intake.