Fitbit calorie Burn Correct?

Options
Hey fitness family,

I am trying to lose weight and I have a Fitbit. I go to the gym for 30 mins a day (approximately). Then myfiyness pal & Fitbit said I burned 800 calories (based on my exercise & steps for the day)

and is it correct? Did I really burn those calories? Is it correct?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I think there is a bug going on right now where inflated calorie burns are being recorded between Fitbit and MFP.

800 for 30 minutes at the gym and daily steps is pretty high.
  • misma10
    misma10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mfp is giving me way too many extra calories so I'm ignoring it. 1500 extra calories based off 13000 something steps. That included and hour of intense cardio and 45 minutes of strength training, but an extra 1500 calories is excessive.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Make sure your wearing the band not too loosely. Having it too lose csn make the band think your moving when your not
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hey fitness family,

I am trying to lose weight and I have a Fitbit. I go to the gym for 30 mins a day (approximately). Then myfiyness pal & Fitbit said I burned 800 calories (based on my exercise & steps for the day)

and is it correct? Did I really burn those calories? Is it correct?

It depends on how much you weigh and what you have your activity level set to on here. I weigh 250lb and have my activity level set to sedentary, I generally start the day with a negative adjustment of around 100Calories and end it with a positive adjustment of around 1000Calories, but that's with at least 15000 steps and 120 Active minutes.