Let's eat a whole chicken for lunch

Options
So I really love buying rotisserie chicken at my grocery store. It's my favourite type of protein especially because I don't really like the taste of red meat all that much.

Everyone that works at the food section pretty much knows that twice a week I will come to the deli to buy their delicious chicken pieces.

Today however, there was a newbie there that helped me. Today was a bit different since I decided to buy a whole rotisserie chicken instead of pieces (turns out that's actually cheaper).

And so the lady that helped me commented : "Bit lazy to cook dinner for the family, eh?"
To which I replied: "No, it's just for me, I live alone."

Her eyes widened, and the expression on her face was priceless! I swear she legit thought I'm going to eat the whole chicken for lunch or something.

Then another lady chimed in and said: "it's not that odd, people eat whole chickens all the time."

**face smack** wow...I eat the whole week on this chicken...I just can't believe she thought that was normal... :neutral:

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Eh, I get 2-3 servings out of a whole rotisserie chicken - 3 if I am willing to really pick at it. One whole breast is pretty much a serving for me when dieting.
    There isn't really a ton on them. And I leave off the skin.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Eh, I get 2-3 servings out of a whole rotisserie chicken - 3 if I am willing to really pick at it. One whole breast is pretty much a serving for me when dieting.

Well I suppose if I were to eat chicken all day... I could finish it in a day hahaha
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I bet I could do it.*

*A1 sauce required
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My husband and I eat a whole rotisserie chicken along with a 300g pot of potato salad and 3/4 of a tiger loaf with butter for lunch!
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options

Well I suppose if I were to eat chicken all day... I could finish it in a day hahaha

I would be able to finish one in a day, not in one meal though. I'd be sick :grimace:
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options
    My husband and I eat a whole rotisserie chicken along with a 300g pot of potato salad and 3/4 of a tiger loaf with butter for lunch!

You're awesome :mrgreen: **bows down in awe**
  • TavistockToad
    Options

You're awesome :mrgreen: **bows down in awe**

We're greedy *kitten*! That's what we are!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's just by me, but the rotisserie chickens the stores sell tend to be smaller than the raw ones I could buy and cook myself. If I do get the rotisserie, it's about 2-3 servings. Usually my SO and I will split one for a meal because both of us try to hit a high protein level and having a small serving is just silly. There's also the fact that I'm 6' and eat bigger servings anyway. They don't last long in our house.
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options
    I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that it's a thing. I can't really eat big portions. Never could (I gained weight snacking on candy and drinking 8 glasses of juice/soda a day, go figure) That's one of the reasons I eat it, because it's higher in calories for a small portion.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I love those rotisserie chickens! I'll eat some with a meal and then spend the week picking it apart for homemade chicken salad, homemade soup, salad toppers, snacks, and sometimes I'll boil the skin and carcass to make my own broth. By me they are only about $7.00 so for me that's very cheap to get so many meals from. God bless the creator of rotisserie chickens....oh wait, that would be God, right? Anyway...
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options
    Equus5374 wrote: »
    I love those rotisserie chickens! I'll eat some with a meal and then spend the week picking it apart for homemade chicken salad, homemade soup, salad toppers, snacks, and sometimes I'll boil the skin and carcass to make my own broth. By me they are only about $7.00 so for me that's very cheap to get so many meals from. God bless the creator of rotisserie chickens....oh wait, that would be God, right? Anyway...

:lol:
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    Options
    I can easily eat the whole chicken in one meal. I have issues with large portion sizes lol
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i usually get lunch and two pot pies worth of chicken.. mm they are so gooood
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Seriously the woman who was selling you the chicken called you lazy?

And I could eat a whole rotisserie chicken in two meals with sides easily.
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Seriously the woman who was selling you the chicken called you lazy?

And I could eat a whole rotisserie chicken in two meals with sides easily.

Yeah I didn't even realise that I should have been offended at that until after. I was just so shocked that she thought I could eat a whole chicken Lol :joy:
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Guess what I'm getting for lunch tomorrow!
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options

A whole chicken?? Hehehe :lol:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It's pretty hilarious, lol. Heck I couldn't eat half a chicken.

And I don't really see how that's lazy either, I mean sure, you could buy a chicken for $2 cheaper maybe, but then you still have to roast it, so it's totally worth the $2 to buy it roasted IMO.

Now I'm craving roasted chicken.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I ate almost a whole chicken in 3 meals. Just give me some tortillas, lime, hot sauce and the warm chicken. Gone!! :yum:
  • TavistockToad
    Options

A whole chicken?? Hehehe :lol:

Oh yeah! I won't struggle to hit my protein goal!