Cheat days. Yay or nay?

Options
124»

Replies

• BenOsen3
    BenOsen3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I usually take a day on the weekend and not track my calories and eat what I want. I don't pig out but I do enjoy not dealing with the minutiae of worrying about every little thing I eat.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    I'd personally drop the whole cheat/good/bad/crap/healthy/unhealthy view of foods in isolation, and develop a balanced dietary intake that encompasses the foods you like.

I agree with this. I have started to try to change how refer to food. Food is nutritious on a spectrum of very to not much at all. Today I wanted King Cake for fat Tuesday so I made it fit my day. My diary is open if you'd like to take a peak.
  • michaelgannon313
    michaelgannon313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yay, to an extent.
    I presume like most people on here you're not a roid head who wants to oil themselves up and prance around on stage while weird old men give your glutes their score outta 10.
    So you dont have to drive yourself insane with turkey breast and steamed asparagus. But for me personally, I tried the cheat day/meal thing before but I didn't like it, I prefer to view it as allowing a certain amount of unhealthy food in my diet each week, because it gives you more control and flexibility, and if your diet(and by diet I mean just the general food you eat, not some stupid paleo money racket) isnt flexible, its not gonna work long term.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yay for me. One day a week I call it Sunday fun day or free day. I am allowed to 2400 cals max. At first I did do junk foods but now it's just a larger serving of a healthy meal or snack extra fruit or something high carb I may not ordinarily have ( or buffet)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yay for me. One day a week I call it Sunday fun day or free day. I am allowed to 2400 cals max. At first I did do junk foods but now it's just a larger serving of a healthy meal or snack extra fruit or something high carb I may not ordinarily have ( or buffet)

I found this helped me stick to my plan and avoid going off plan during the week. So I never cheated on it ( and I never felt deprived)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't have preplanned cheat days.. But I'd prefer to have one then be tortured by only being allowed 1.5 slices of pizza or 2 piddly squares of chocolate or 30g of cereal etc everyday. It's all or nothing for me.