Foods to ea and not eat to lose 15 morelbs

Options
I would like food advice from anyone willing to give it. I want to eat 1500 calories a day and start Monday. I'm 195-197lbs looking to be 180. I'd eat the same thing everyday if I needed, same breakfast lunch dinner, just set me up a weight loss plan. I'm not sure what I should eat. People always say chick fish protien. What about carbs, should I eat more of them before working out. Will I work out a lot harder and longer?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't need any weight loss plan besides this: Eat anything you want, but stick to your calorie goal. 1500 is possibly on the small side for a guy.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    As long as you're eating in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. You can eat chicken or fish or use other foods for protein. You can eat carbohydrates. There are no foods you must eat to lose weight. There are no foods you must avoid to lose weight.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.

Everything else is personal preference.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Calorie deficit.

And nutritional benefit. I am horrible at nutrition, but you can lose weight and still not get the nutrients you need.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    clobern80 wrote: »
    Calorie deficit.

And nutritional benefit. I am horrible at nutrition, but you can lose weight and still not get the nutrients you need.

Yeah, but OP's question was specifically about weight loss.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, it doesn't really matter what you eat, as long as you eat withing your calorie deficit. For tolerance to a calorie deficit, I recommend keeping your protein fairly high, but as for meal timing, that is simply a matter of preference.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what to eat, because I don't know what you like, and you should eat foods that you like, making the portions fit your calorie goal.
  • jakeziskin1
    jakeziskin1 Posts: 175 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You don't need any weight loss plan besides this: Eat anything you want, but stick to your calorie goal. 1500 is possibly on the small side for a guy.
    Calorie deficit.

It's odd because I do only eat 1500 a day some days less and some days more and I always lose 500+ a day Monday through Saturday at the gym. It's hard getting out of the 190s and I know everyone always says its calorie deficint, but I can't seem to lose. This whole week I ate under 1500 calories, last night I had 2600 because I went to dinner. Besides that I went to the gym all week and lost 500 calories a day so I guess I ate 8600 calories Monday through Friday and lost 2500 so I guess I had 6100. Wouldnt I have lost weight this week? I was 191 Tuesday now 197 I don't understand. Is it water, if so I'm going to spend a good hour on and off I the sauna doing 15 min intervals. It's not fair if I exercised and ate under only to be over due to water. I know the sauna is not ment to lose weight but if I'm carrying pounds of water, then the sauna will help.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I tried to make a list of all the foods you can eat while losing weight. It didn't go well, but it might give you some ideas: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10190957/help-what-can-i-eat/p1
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.

It's odd because I do only eat 1500 a day some days less and some days more and I always lose 500+ a day Monday through Saturday at the gym. It's hard getting out of the 190s and I know everyone always says its calorie deficint, but I can't seem to lose. This whole week I ate under 1500 calories, last night I had 2600 because I went to dinner. Besides that I went to the gym all week and lost 500 calories a day so I guess I ate 8600 calories Monday through Friday and lost 2500 so I guess I had 6100. Wouldnt I have lost weight this week? I was 191 Tuesday now 197 I don't understand. Is it water, if so I'm going to spend a good hour on and off I the sauna doing 15 min intervals. It's not fair if I exercised and ate under only to be over due to water. I know the sauna is not ment to lose weight but if I'm carrying pounds of water, then the sauna will help.

OP: are you using a food scale to measure all food you ingest ? If not, please buy yourself a food scale and use it. Log your food at MFP. Make sure you are eating at a deficit (calories burned higher than calories eaten)

If you are using a food scale. You have to ensure you are at a deficit. You may be eating more calories than you think
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your burns (i.e., the calories you burn at the gym)? If your using the amount that the machines at the gym tell you, be advised that they notoriously over-generous, as is the MFP database. It may be that you're not burning as much as you think.