What is my body shape? What is yours?

Options
fatshreddingprincess
fatshreddingprincess Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2016 in Chit-Chat
Please forgive my lack of punctuation because Im writing this with my phone and Im feeling lazy :)

mjbw9g.png

( My boobs are mosaiced because I wasnt wearing a bra and my room is mosaiced because its messy hahaha )

So I just started working out and calorie restricting 3 days ago and as I was looking at the mirror I got curious about my body shape. I always assumed that I was straight but I took my measurements and used a random body shape calculator I found online.
My measurements are 35/29.5/37 in inches. The results told me that I am a pear so I googled pear shaped bodies and somehow I dont really see the resemblance hahaha my hips look narrow to me compared to all of those curvy women! My waist also doesnt look defined either.

5wctmp.png

But when u look from the side you can see that I do carry some weight in my butt so it probably contributed a lot to my hip measurements. So would that make me a true pear or am I just a straight body with a high fat percentage?

also does ones body shape change through weight loss or weight gain? When I reach my goal weight, will I become a smaller pear or is that unpredictable? Id really appreciate any opinions :) thanks!

Replies

• SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    Options
    The shape change really depends on where you lose your weight from (breasts, stomach, hips). When you reach your goal weight, you will probably have more of a pronounced shape (whether you are more curvy, straight or a mixture of both). It looks like part of your hip measurement does come from your butt area, so that could contribute to your curves.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I'm a blob body shape. I carry most of my weight in my torso, and my legs and arms are stick thin.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'm like you-more butt than hips. I find my proportions stay the same. If my waist is 25, my hips are 37. If my waist is 23, my hips are 35.
    It doesn't matter what body shape you are, if you're fit you'll look better than non-fit. And you look pretty darn good already!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    What shape am I if I carry most of my weight in my groin area?
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options

Indonesian-Bottle-Gourd-e1359498275593.jpg
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    I'm a blob body shape. I carry most of my weight in my torso, and my legs and arms are stick thin.
    Ditto, except that my limbs are also humongous.
  • fatshreddingprincess
    Options
    LilacTea wrote: »
    The shape change really depends on where you lose your weight from (breasts, stomach, hips). When you reach your goal weight, you will probably have more of a pronounced shape (whether you are more curvy, straight or a mixture of both). It looks like part of your hip measurement does come from your butt area, so that could contribute to your curves.

Thanks a ton!
  • fatshreddingprincess
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »

Youre like my sister! She can get away with looking super thin when she wears box tees :)
  • fatshreddingprincess
    fatshreddingprincess Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm like you-more butt than hips. I find my proportions stay the same. If my waist is 25, my hips are 37. If my waist is 23, my hips are 35.
    It doesn't matter what body shape you are, if you're fit you'll look better than non-fit. And you look pretty darn good already!
    Awww thanks! It feels good to know that i can relate to someone. Im on the higher end of the average bmi scale so Im really hoping to drop down a bit and shrink my waist size though! :)
  • fatshreddingprincess
    Options

Its hard to tell without any pics :*
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You're a pear according to your measurements. Almost an hourglass. Im a pear too but big hips/thighs so not close to hourglass.