Looking for Vegan and low carb friends!

Options
Would really like Vegan and low carb friends. I don't like meat and really want to eat low carb but running out of ideas and then before you know it I'm Hungry. Would like to be able to see what others are doing.......

Replies

• eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    well I eat essentially zero carbs but I am a meat eater. Make sure to eat tons of fibre, it fills you up. Lentils are your friend.
  • natavelino
    natavelino Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what constitutes as low carb, but you can add me!
  • casini6297
    casini6297 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think that being vegan and low-carb don't go together well. Most of the vegans I know of are high carb low fat and they do pretty well. If you google that diet you'll find a lot of good results. Some of them though claim that they eat 4,000 calories and don't exercise but I have come to find that's a scam and has a high failure rate.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    casini6297 wrote: »
    I think that being vegan and low-carb don't go together well. Most of the vegans I know of are high carb low fat and they do pretty well. If you google that diet you'll find a lot of good results. Some of them though claim that they eat 4,000 calories and don't exercise but I have come to find that's a scam and has a high failure rate.

I don't think it makes any difference, assuming you are eating sufficient calories, protein and fat. It depends what activities you do, but low carb is fine for vegans. In the end it all gets processed into the same energy in the body.
  • Fitnessflexibility
    Fitnessflexibility Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian but I eat some dairy (so not vegan) and I don't eat processed carbs, but I love my carbs from fresh fruit!