On a mission to gain weight!

Options
On a mission to GAIN WEIGHT no matter what!! Come rain or shine lol I would like any advice regarding my weight gaining journey. Please do add me. Current weight 52kg.. goal weight 63kg. Height: 5ft 7. Thank youuu

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I m guessing you don't just want to gain 10kg of fat - are you planning on incorporating a progressive resistance training program to build muscle? Do that along with a lot of eating (calorie surplus to help with muscle growth) and you'll be fine!
  • mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Begin hittin gym, set to gain 0.5kg week. Lightly/active, hit dat amount everyday, no excuses. If do cardio, eat all burnt calories. Gl:)
  • horiyafarah
    horiyafarah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @livingleanlivingclean you're correct I want to gain the weight in the right places. It's gonna get some getting used to because unfortunately I have lost my apetite along the way and used to working in a hectic fast paced environment which led to terrible eating or should I say non - eating habits. I appreciate your feedback I'll try my hardest aa I genuinely want to succeed in gaining weight
  • horiyafarah
    Options
    @mixa4u wonderful thank you I'll take your advice and work at it :)
  • natoyabriscoe
    natoyabriscoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft. 7in and currently at 63kg. But my goal is to get to 68kg. I've been trying to eat at least 2000 calories a day, whey protein shake, no cardio just light weight lifting.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to gain weight as well :D

You'll be fine, just keep working towards it, making small changes all the time. If you've lost your appetite it may be hard at first but just small increases in food can make all the difference and will get your body adapting to more (meaning, more hunger)

The gym and lifting weights will also help if you want certain areas to gain more than others. While you can't spot reduce (or gain) fat, you can certain train certain areas to build muscle. Don't be afraid to lift heavy (heavy for you, it's relative)

Lastly, with weight gain, the slower it is, the less fat / water weight it will be. There will always be fat gain, but it doesn't have to be all fat. There's only so much lean mass a person can build each month. I'd probably aim for 0.5-1lb a week for now and adjust as necessary as you put on weight.
  • NippyinLondon
    NippyinLondon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    the info given here is good but I've noticed that being much older (70 yrs. young) gaining weight properly is taking much longer than I thought it would, however, since mid Nov '15, I've gone from 167 approx. to 171 lbs. I'm being coached with this transformation program to include exercises to help re-distribute any weight gained to the right areas.

During the first few weeks, I was dropping lbs which really bothered me but now it is finally paying off. I do eat 5-6 times per day which includes a meal substitute ( protein shake) immediately after eating. I'm being told that from now on, it will be part of my lifestyle "if" I stay with it ...forever. Sounds good to me. If I could offer any advice I'd say it is really what your body is capable of absorbing which means to try and include food supplements in your grocery budget. It will pay off...
  • horiyafarah
    Options
    @NippyinLondon wow sorry did you say 70 years woow you just motivated me on a whole new level I sincerely appreciate your kind feedback and I take your words of advice into account. Thank you
  • horiyafarah
    Options
    @HeidiMightyRawr @natoyabriscoe wow thank you both so much for your words of advice. I've never come across people who actually want to gain weight people usually look at me sideways when they hear "weight gain" everyone is so obessed with losing weight it's refreshing to know there are more of us out there.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft. 7in and currently at 63kg. But my goal is to get to 68kg. I've been trying to eat at least 2000 calories a day, whey protein shake, no cardio just light weight lifting.

You don't have to have protein shakes, unless you struggle to get enough protein from other sources. You need to do more than "light" weightlifting.... You need to be lifting heavy!