Daily calories to eat? Can you help me out

Options
Hey everyone, last post for the day. I'm 28 went from 245 to 195lbs and I am looking to drop down to 180. I'm looking to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week but I'm just not sure if I'm eating enough. I don't want to lose muscle and I'm OK with taking weight loss slow. I work out every week Monday through Saturday, though some Saturdays I may not be available. But every Monday through Friday I'm in the gym. I burn anywhere from 350 up to 1000 on the olyptical depending how long I'm on. How many calories a day should I eat. I also landscape and shovel snow so I have an active life. Most the time. What amount of calories should I eat and what amount should I burn on a daily thanks!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Set your goal on here to half a pound a week (even one pound may be a bit aggressive with so little to lose) and active, eat that amount plus half of your exercise calories.
  • jakeziskin1
    jakeziskin1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Set your goal on here to half a pound a week (even one pound may be a bit aggressive with so little to lose) and active, eat that amount plus half of your exercise calories.

Ok to lose a pound a week it said 2480 for a pound and 1/2 2230.

So ok let's say I do 1 1/2 pounds and eat 2230. And gym Monday threw Friday and burn a total o 600 a night. You want me to eat 300 back making me eat 2530 a day, 17710 a week. That's basically 5lbs of food a week I'd be eating. How much will my body lose a week. Because sometimes I drink pounds of water and it won't say I lost a darn thing. I feel nervous jumping my calories and am nervouse I may just gain
  • MikeAV8s
    MikeAV8s Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you weigh all a your food with a scale, measure all your liquids with measuring cups/spoons and accurately calculate your calorie burns from exercise, you will lose.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Too funny! You ARE NOT burning 1000 cals o the Elipticle. Cut down carbs and calories.