Low Potassium and Moving Calories Up

Options
So, I'd been doing well with my diet. IF with a 4 hr eating window and keeping under 1200 calories with 45 min. of walking, squats and a total of 10k steps. For nearly two weeks and I've lost 7 pounds.

Then I had chest pain. Hypokalemia related. Had to rushed via ambulance to the ER. Not very fun. They gave me potassium. I got home.

Spent this time trying to figure out my rework of what had been a really easy plan. Apparently my body felt different. So, I changed my plan to 1 pound a week loss. I'm going to be eating around 1370 calories daily and making sure I get my full potassium in the process. Still going to exercise as it isn't strenuous what I do. But, no more undereating for me. I'm also going eat half my exercise calories. I think from now on it's going to be more exercise and more food.

(Note: I had bulimia for 10 years from age 13 to 23, which is probably why my body can't hold onto potassium like it should. I'm not sick and haven't been for 5 years. I have though, about 30 pounds to lose to be my ideal, not too thin, weight.)

Replies

• Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hypokalemia...not fun and dangerous. My only idea for you is maybe one your feeding window to 6 or 8 hours. Did you let the doc know about the IF? It could be that you're drinking a lot of fluids between feeds and washing out potassium at a higher rate?
  • thatthingyoudoula
    thatthingyoudoula Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well, I know it's not the water. But, you're probably really right about the feeding window. I should up it to around 6. I think that'll help a lot. I really, really appreciate it. Thank you. :-)
  • thatthingyoudoula
    thatthingyoudoula Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes, they didn't really understand it. IF was a pretty foreign concept to her. She didn't really say much but told me to keep track of potassium.