PMS binging :(

Options
Every month before my period I have intense, uncontrollable cravings for chocolate and sometimes fatty foods. Today I had about 20 chocolate mini eggs and a bowl of chili on top of my daily 1200 calories. It's so frustrating not being in control and succumbing to my cravings. Anyone have any tips on how to overcome it? I've tried eating dark chocolate, going for walks, eating lots of fruit, drinking water but nothing seems to work. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Julia_is_tracking
    Julia_is_tracking Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am th same way and need help too! Taking multivitamins, magnesium, and drinking lots of water helps a little bit but remember you burn up to 300 extra calories a day the week before your period, so give yourself a break!
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    UGH. SAME HERE. It's like I'm a chocolate hound. I can just find that one half used package of chocolate chips, or a leftoever halloween candy, or, yeah, I know. Anyway, today, being the first of one of those craving days, I decided to nip it in the bud early, and made a breakfast smoothie out of ice, skim milk, a banana, PB Fit powder, cocoa powder, and honey. Ended up being less than 200 cals, and knocked the chocolate craving out of the park! FWIW, I probably went a tad too heavy on the cocoa powder, but I guess if it works?????

Maybe see if you can concoct some sort of lower calorie super chocolatey snack that you only allow yourself during "that week"?
  • ifuga808
    ifuga808 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Haha!! I know the feeling. I'm so bad too! The cravings are intense and it's hard to fight back sometimes. My
    Job alone is a very physically demanding job so I try to psych myself by telling myself.. Ohh I'll just move more or faster to burn off the snickers bar I just ate!! I try to drink more water during the time of the month to help subside the cravings.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    when this happens to me
    i take a pill for pain
    and i drink hot water
    and i go to bed
    BED
    BED
    BED

cant eat if ya sleepin
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • Jadedlily83
    Jadedlily83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Having the same problem right now! I usually crave potato chips and chocolate. Hot cocoa has surprisingly few calories, and I switched to popcorn. Cut my calories significantly.