Can not lose a pound with pcos!

I have gained 25 lbs here in the past 6 months. I am trying to lose it now but nothing. I don't even know how I gained it. Eating habits are basically the same. Now I'm trying to watch what I eat, move more, take B12, Metformin, and garcina combogia. I drink water and diet green tea and at least a TBS a day of apple cider vingear. I also take a woman's metabolism supplement a day. Just started these a few weeks ago so I know its not causing the gain. I have been working out too. What is wrong???

Replies

• hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Do you exercise? Just looking at your info suggests that you are eating more calories than you think. Are you weighing/ measuring you food?
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    I have PCOS as well and it's definitely harder to loose the weight. Have you tried exercising or a low carb diet? Lots of pcos women have success with low carb diets. I did it for a while and it was great but I turned back to emotional eating.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Are you eating in a calorie deficit, and ensuring the deficit is there by weighing your food?
  • jessieboyd12
    jessieboyd12 Posts: 35 Member
    I have not been on here in a long time so some of my info on here is wrong. I do not weigh my food but I do eat small meals such as an egg for breakfast, salad for lunch or turkey and wheat sandwich and usually some kind of meat and veggies at dinner and a fruit for snack before dinner. I have counter those cals in past and know they are in a good range for me. I do exercise. I do 30-45mins workout videos 2-3 times a week or more and do some kind of strength training (squats, lunges, pushups, burpees) multiple times throughout the day to get my heart rate up.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Sometimes though you end up eating more then you realize or if you lost weight maybe you need to change how many cals a day you should be eating
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited February 2016
    Lots of people here have the PCOS and lose weight
    But weighing your food is important otherwise you have no idea how much you eat.

if you dont lose weight you eat too much calories
    So start weighing and logging your food will help you for sure

Good luck OP :) you can do it.

95069916.png
  • jessieboyd12
    Okay I have nevered weighed any food and don't know how. Can anyone tell me how and I'll start doing that.
  • chimpy123
    chimpy123 Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2016
    I've read that sugar as well as high glycemic foods can have an impact on pcos (making it worse). I was struggling to lose weight for a long time - eating relatively healthy and exercising lots - went to a nutritionist and she pinpointed that I was restricting my diet too much, which would cause me to occasionally binge, thus causing me to stall with weight loss and then gain when I would binge. She also suggested upping my protein intake - I went from 70-80 grams a day to 110 to 130 and it made a huge difference for me.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Okay I have nevered weighed any food and don't know how. Can anyone tell me how and I'll start doing that.

Weigh all your food on a digital scale
    log it in grams if you can.

Just put your slice of bread on the scale or you bowl and scoop in the yogurt etc.
    Its pretty simple and very effective

95069916.png
  • chimpy123
    chimpy123 Posts: 40 Member
    I bought my food scale super cheap on amazon and its amazing and was totally worth it!
  • jessieboyd12
    Thanks everyone!! I am going to try to get a scale this weekend and start. Just read up on it online and seems very easy. Think I might finally see some hope for the future instead of failure! Thanks
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Thanks everyone!! I am going to try to get a scale this weekend and start. Just read up on it online and seems very easy. Think I might finally see some hope for the future instead of failure! Thanks

It is really easy. I place whatever bowl I'm using on the scale before turning it on so that it starts at zero. Add first ingredient, log or write that down. Zero the scale, add the next ingredient, log or write it down. Repeat until you have everything.
  • BarrieBevy
    BarrieBevy Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2016
    Kitchen Stuff Plus have a great one on sale... I don't know if you live in Toronto.
  • BarrieBevy
    BarrieBevy Posts: 2 Member
    Logging your food on this site assists tremendously, even if you don't weigh, you can estimate a lot of portion sizes.
  • LCbaby0x
    LCbaby0x Posts: 290 Member
    I have PCOS also. It is harder so you have to be really careful with calorie counting and exercising. You cannot guess at all. Portion sizes have to be accurate when adding calories. There are also foods to avoid. I think maybe you are trying to do a little bit too much at once. Try portion control. It also helps keep hormones aligned.