Thoughts on this

Options

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I weep for humanity when i read garbage like this.
    dc99zteq6icw.png
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    MAN! I am glad I skimmed that and didn't waste much of my life reading THAT garbage.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I got two paragraphs in and quit - too long, didn't read.

Weightloss, for 99.99999999% of the population is as simple as: Make sure your calorie intake is less than your calorie burn. (CICO)

Anything that tries to make weightloss that complicated is part of the problem and not part of the solution.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    I got two paragraphs in and quit - too long, didn't read.

Weightloss, for 99.99999999% of the population is as simple as: Make sure your calorie intake is less than your calorie burn. (CICO)

Anything that tries to make weightloss that complicated is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

It REALLY had me at:
    "1) The first problem is that all of this is based on the calorie theory: the idea that, one pound of fat equals 3,500 calories and humans gain one pound if they have a 3,500 calorie excess and lose one pound if they have a deficit of 3,500 calories. None of this has been sourced, proven, explained – anything. It remains the biggest dieting myth ever invented and perpetuated by human beings."

:laugh:
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Exercise is fine, but diet is what burns off calories.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    thoughts on the article or the idea of labelling the activity equivalent ? The latter might help some people, but labels are pretty clogged already and many can't even manage to find the grams of sugar on there so I wouldn't be too excited about the idea.