Overweight?????

Options
Hi, could anyone advise me please. I've been using mfp on and off for the past couple years. I have lost weight and find the daily goals easy and helpful. I am 5ft 4 uk dress size 10 and weigh 134lbs. I am just wondering if this app is advising me to lose too much weight? I'm not sure. Do I continue to reach my goal of 127lbs ? I don't know how much I should weigh for my height and frame. I am 51 years old. Thank you

Replies

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Your bmi is 23, and the healthy range is 18.5-25
    It's up to you to set your goal, so only you can answer the question of what you'd like to weigh. Some people are happy to be anywhere within the healthy bmi. Some prefer to be on the lower end, some prefer the middle, others the top, and still others are satisfied to be above it.
    127 lbs would give you a bmi of 21.8, so it probably wouldn't be losing "too much weight", but it's up to you to decide if it's what you want/need. If you're happy where you are, stay there.
  • lisanfred
    lisanfred Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you that helps :)
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi, im 5ft female and went from about 170lbs to 127lbs in 12 months, I'm now 133lbs. I fluctuate between 127 and 133.....I'm comfortable within this range. I eat 1200 calories a day. ..I'm 48.....I think it's what feel comfortable with. .... good luck :wink:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    127 *seems* fine. But I'm confused why you're asking if the app is having you lose too much weight. How did YOU determine 127 should be your goal?
    Again, it seems fine. I'm 50, 5'6" and 130-135 is my preferred weight, and perfectly healthy.