exercise equipment for work?!?

Options
I'm a dispatcher which means I spend long hours sitting on my butt (except the 5 or so times I go upstairs to use the bathroom) When things are slow we try to get up and walk around a bit, but the room isn't that big and we can't go too far from our desks. So I have been looking at some exercise equipment we can buy and bring to the office, but really not sure which one to go with.

I'm looking at the:
- mini ellipticals such as the Stamina InMotion or the Golds Gym Strider
-pedal exercisers for more of a bike workout although I think the ellipticals can be used sitting (for more of a bike exercise) and standing (for more of an elliptical workout)
-mini steppers just to get that feel of walking up steps (but I've got mixed feelings about this piece because some of mentioned its impact on knees)

Any suggestions or reviews would be greatly appreciated? We've already got some hand weights at work, but I'm open for other equipment suggestions.

Replies

• FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting on my butt, as a dispatcher, this very second. LOL. I feel ya!

Maybe a stability ball- could get a good core workout in at work.
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm sitting on my butt, as a dispatcher, this very second. LOL. I feel ya!

Maybe a stability ball- could get a good core workout in at work.

That's a good idea, I was just thinking something small in case I had to store it in my locker or the little closet we have a work. I know some of the pedal exercisers fold up which is convenient and the stepper and elliptical don't seem too big.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I'm a dispatcher which means I spend long hours sitting on my butt (except the 5 or so times I go upstairs to use the bathroom) When things are slow we try to get up and walk around a bit, but the room isn't that big and we can't go too far from our desks. So I have been looking at some exercise equipment we can buy and bring to the office, but really not sure which one to go with.

I'm looking at the:
    - mini ellipticals such as the Stamina InMotion or the Golds Gym Strider
    -pedal exercisers for more of a bike workout although I think the ellipticals can be used sitting (for more of a bike exercise) and standing (for more of an elliptical workout)
    -mini steppers just to get that feel of walking up steps (but I've got mixed feelings about this piece because some of mentioned its impact on knees)

Any suggestions or reviews would be greatly appreciated? We've already got some hand weights at work, but I'm open for other equipment suggestions.
    TRX SUSPENSION SYSTEM..........................IMO best buy for the money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    [/quote]TRX SUSPENSION SYSTEM..........................IMO best buy for the money.

IDEA Fitness member

[/quote]

Not sure I know much about it... doesn't it require a big piece of equipment or a door? We tried the whole door thing, but our only door is one that officers come through a lot and our tiny little closet has a broken door....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options

Not sure I know much about it... doesn't it require a big piece of equipment or a door? We tried the whole door thing, but our only door is one that officers come through a lot and our tiny little closet has a broken door....
    You can get a wall mount (TRX x-mount) that can be bolted in to a wall or ceiling.

IDEA Fitness member