Powdered Peanut Butter

13»

Replies

• harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Stick with the non powder normal version. Just have it fit within your calories. Eventually you'll either not like it as much, or figure out how to have it and adjust the rest of your diet to make it work.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    I love it, but I've never used (and never plan to use) it as a substitute for straight peanut butter, for say, a sandwich. I use it exclusively for recipes like peanut sauce, peanut noodles, curries, peanut butter shakes, etc and adding peanut butter flavor to things like oatmeal and yogurt. It's awesome when used that way.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    edited February 2016
    Dry roasted peanuts, food processor.. Three minutes.

Although, i do use powdered when adding in shakes. Tastes the same, way easier.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I love it, but I've never used (and never plan to use) it as a substitute for straight peanut butter, for say, a sandwich. I use it exclusively for recipes like peanut sauce, peanut noodles, curries, peanut butter shakes, etc and adding peanut butter flavor to things like oatmeal and yogurt. It's awesome when used that way.

Yep, this is exactly how I use it
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Nothing is as good as the real thing. The only way I'll eat it is if i mix 2tbspn pb2 with 1 tbspn reg pb. 3 tbspn for 150 cals.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    I would just like to thank whoever mentioned powdered peanut butter in another thread a few days ago. I had never heard of it before. I happened to be at Costco, where previously I very studiously avoided even glancing at the peanut butter selections. This time I glanced. Lo and behold there was PB2. 45 calories in 2 tbsp. So I bought a jar. I already had Orgain organic plant based chocolate protein powder, but its a bit too sweet. This time I mixed in the serving of orgain with the serving of PB2. Peanut Butter Cup!!! My FAVORITE!! Less than 200 calories and 25 ish grams of protein in my favorite candy flavor! The PB2 cut the sweetness down of the orgain. Its now my post workout drink, along with a dash of salt.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    I also use the peanut "flour" rather than the powdered peanut butter. The difference as far as I can tell is there is added sugar to the powdered peanut butter. I"m not against sugar, it just doesn't taste right with the peanut flour. The peanut flour reconstituted tastes much closer to regular peanut butter.