What to do...

Options
I don't know what to do... I have OVER 1,000 calories left today... am under on sugar protein, fat etc... but am simply not hungry. When it is super hot out, I have trouble eating... my body just feels nauseated when I think of food when it's hot out.

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Tough call. That's a lot of calories you're not eating. A lot of fuel that your body isn't getting.
    I say eat something, but you can't force your self to eat.
    Sorry - I'm no help.....
    Good luck.
    :ohwell:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    nuts and some ice cream!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    nuts and some ice cream!

I agree with the ice cream. Its hot out, you have plenty of calories left, enjoy!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I completely agree . . . if there was ever a time for ice cream I think you have it!
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    Ice cream??? that seems so BAD tho...but sounds divine! I feel sinful thinking about it tho... I have been a good girl for 2 months total...
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Ice cream??? that seems so BAD tho...but sounds divine! I feel sinful thinking about it tho... I have been a good girl for 2 months total...

do not deny yourself a treat now and then. be balanced! if you feel bad about ice cream, try to get some healthier form of ice cream made with only real stuff. don't even sweat the cals, it is hot enough outside :P
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Homemade smoothie?
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    I have some sugar free italian ice... 60 cals... I guess in a lil while I could also do some hummus and crackers... then maybe some sunflower seeds... will still be way under... but all of that is pretty healthy. Thanks all... I love MFP people! If the whole planet could be like this place... we'd have no problems, would we?

xoxo to you all
    Valerie
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    First, it is VERY important that you get enough food in. I eat every three to four hours for multiple reasons, one is to ensure that I get all of my calories in. If you develop a pattern of not eating enough calories the body goes into survival mode and starts to hord fat.

And, Second, DO NOT try to shovel a bunch of calories in at the end of the day and definintely do not fill that large calorie void with something like ice cream - the shave ice is good, fat free frozen yogurt. A calorie is not a calorie - your body is going to better utilize 250 calories that is peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat bread versus 250 calories of ice cream or candy.

Trust me on these things - I have been up and down round and round on the weight loss thing and finally have a pretty good formula down and I have always been the most successful when I drink my water, exercise, get good sleep and eat enough of the right foods.
  • cindeazy
    cindeazy Posts: 5
    Options
    DITCH THE ICE CREAM, GET FROZEN YOGURT~!!!!
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    This is what I say.... if you ate at least 1200 calories today and your simply not hungry dont eat. They say not to go under 1200 calories because that is what your body needs to function its organs properly. If you haven't eaten that I say eat something healthy. Unless you have a craving for ice cream with nuts like everyone else says to do. Since its so hot out, make yourself a fruit salad maybe with a little whipped cream so its still a treat but a healthier one.