The Mental and Physical Health Challenge- MFP Edition

Options
13»

Replies

• melissaerrington3
    melissaerrington3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I also didn't make it into the biggest loser challenge which was a disappointment.
    If possible I would really love to join I really need all the help I can get. I like that your group focuses on mental health and not just physical which would be a great help to me.

Thank you
    Melissa
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    OK, so you are getting several messages from me :) I sent you a msg too before I thought to search your challenge.

I am very interested, sounds like will be a great challenge. Please let me know if I'm in.

Thanks for hosting it!
  • DrSelenaMyers
    DrSelenaMyers Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. We're almost there, everyone has joined the group with the exception of yokleigh & luvsunshine1. This is great, this tells me that this is something that we all want and is Serious about it.

I originally wanted the challenge to consist of 20 participants, but after all the responses, we're up to 26!! It was hard to say no when individuals are trying to do something positive!!

My teammate and I have been communicating really well, getting to know each other, learning strengths and weaknesses. We also took and extra step to connect on Face-book. I again encourage you all to get to know each other at a level that is comfortable for you and your teammate.

Also, there was a little confusion about who I have chosen to be teammates. Please make sure you all are reading the threads so that we're all on the same page!

I'm excited about this challenge!! Let's go, Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teams for the challenge are as follows:

DrSelenaMyers & nelsaphine

jyneefur & yokleigh

dawn_westbury & luvsunshine1

nrz242 & bexalicous

AnJuINZ & lovelycatbones

tropicalgirl34 & rbealynnh

Rho_Ro & pnotyap

Mitchellcm & Lennonluv2

Kelso2628 & EatRunBreathe

LilyGoncalves & _Tara_R

127saz & Stephanieb72

rramirez1272 & mya_bella

katheryn_chitwood & ljdborton
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hi Dr.Myers, I think I have joined the group now. Please let me know if not because I want to make sure I do everything I'm supposed to. So excited about this!
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    @ luvsunshine, yes your a member in the group!! I'm really excited about this challenge as well!!
  • PerverseGoth
    Options
    I would love to be in this challenge.
    I am not sure if you already received 19 people but let me know either way.
    Thank you.
  • Cockney365
    Cockney365 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello Dr Myers,

If anyone drops out I would love to join this group. I've been struggling with a lot of things and weight loss/body image/self esteem is probably one of the biggest issues, so I'd really appreciate the help and support if you have any spare spaces. I'm in the UK so I'm not sure about time zones but I am really serious about taking control of my life!

Thanks,
    Aquiline
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

All 26 members have officially joined the "Mental and Physical Health Challenge-- MFP Edition" group!!! Joining the group is must because that's were a lot of our post regarding the challenge will be made, specifically weigh -ins!!! How many are ready for our first weigh -in!!!. Don't worry the group is private group. Only participants of the challenge are members of the group.

Going once, going twice!! now is the time to back out if for whatever reason you no longer want to participate in this challenge!! I need to know because others are waiting to join.

Remember our first weigh - in is on this Friday, 07/05/2013. Everyone will need to post in group forum before 6 pm EST.

Have lot's of fun for the 4th of July holiday, but also prepare your hearts and minds as if the challenge has already started. Everyone be Blessed!!!
  • beky12
    beky12 Posts: 1
    Options
    could i join or has there been enough people now
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    Challenge members, I have a conference call number that I sometime use for my practice. During the challenge, I'll give a specific date/time for everyone to call in. This will allow us to be able to talk and discuss many different topics live. I know that all 26 members will not be able to call in during the designated time. However, those that will be able to, I think this will be another special benefit of this challenge, giving it a more personal connection. :smile: :heart: :smile:
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    Hopefully everyone will have the opportunity to participate in a conference call during the challenge. If not that will be okay.:smile: I know that we all have busy schedules, and this may prevent some from participating in the conference calls. I haven't decided definitely, but I'm leaning more on scheduling the calls on Wednesdays around 8 or 9 pm EST.

I posted information in the "Time Zone" thread encouraging those that are not on EST to use to get a better idea of what time they should be posting according to EST.
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to everyone!! It has been raining all day here, haven't even attempted to leave home!! Haven't been tempted with all the 4th of July foods!! Hope everyone is eating with-in moderation and counting calories! Remember tomorrow is weigh-in day!!!:heart::smooched: :heart: Everyone be blessed.
  • manojpatel01
    Options
    Okay, more than half has joined the gathering. I might sway everybody to in any event send a companion ask for to their colleague provided that you haven't as of recently done so.
  • manojpatel01
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge and I would like to join if there is still an opening. I have worked as mental health nurse for 9 years and love it.