Exercises for legs

Hi! I have huge legs (both thighs and calves) and can't seem to shift weight from them even though I'm losing weight from my tummy. Any tips? TIA

Replies

• BodayJohnnay
    BodayJohnnay Posts: 185 Member
    What are your goals? Lose weight, body fat, or trying to spot train for loss (which can't be done)? Exercises for legs, squats, deadlifts, RDLs, step ups, lunges, glute bridges, jump squats, hamstring curls.
    It's all in the nutrition and using the right tools (exercises/rep ranges)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    As another person who carries weight in the hips and legs, I can tell you for certain you can't spot reduce. You just have to keep losing weight and it will come from all over eventually. I'm 5'3" and when I was down to 140 lbs even I had big legs. I think I'll have to be at the low end of my healthy BMI range to have "less leg".
  • kerrimcguire1
    kerrimcguire1 Posts: 14 Member
    To lose weight! I'll try some of those out, thanks!
  • BodayJohnnay
    Hi! I have huge legs (both thighs and calves) and can't seem to shift weight from them even though I'm losing weight from my tummy. Any tips? TIA

Would love to see and hear more in detail of your current nutrition and training regimen. May have conflicting goals. Something has to change in order to see a change.
  • kerrimcguire1
    kerrimcguire1 Posts: 14 Member
    Ah that's interesting RoseTheWarrior! I'm probably just too caught up in trying to find something to melt my leg day away but you're so right, well done on your weight loss :)
  • BodayJohnnay
    Make sure you have a deficit each day with your nutrition to make sure you will lose weight. Be sure to have your macros in check toward that kind of goal. HIIT will help with fat loss for cardio. Need to do something different so your body isn't use to the same routine. How many calories are you taking in daily? Are you adding additional calories to fuel your workouts on training days or are you eating same amount on recovery days as well?