Working out 2 times a day

Options
Working out 2 times a day with good diet, could that maximize results?

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by working out. I sometimes have a morning and an evening 20-30 minute walk. If that's what you mean, then yes. Other than that it's a recipe for disaster, injury and burnout. Your body needs time to recover. You can workout every day if you vary your workouts, but you would still need at least one rest day every 7-10 days.

What results are you looking for? If it's weight loss results, then diet is the most important. Just take care to log your foods accurately and eat within a reasonable calorie budget and you should get results. Working out helps preserve muscle and gives you additional calories, in addition to achieving better fitness of course. Overdoing on a daily basis is not recommended though.
  • riiiich
    riiiich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was working out, lifting heavy for 2-3hours 7 days a week. I got burnt out. One day I woke up and didn't want to leave the bed, I was so run down. Now I train 4-5 days and my lifts have gone up considerably . Rest is so important, people fail to realise this. Getting in shape isn't a sprint. It's a marathon. We all want quick results, but to lose the fat and sustain the physique afterwards, takes time.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    depends on what youre trying to achieve.

i do the gym in the morning (typically 45 minutes) about 5 days a week. i run (under 3 miles) just about every evening.

when i miss a workout (or even a couple of days....) i dont worry about it.

if you are focusing on weights, you body DEFINITELY needs rest days. as that is when the muscle repairs and builds.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    No - known as over-training. Not good.