I'm 6'6 and weigh about 175.5

Options
My goal is to get to 200 currently working out as well anyone know any high protein foods that would be good to buy

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Lamb, pork, chicken, fish, eggs, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Add plenty of rice, sweet potatoes or potatoes, and vegetables and salads to that.
  • lndnbutler
    lndnbutler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thankyou. I'm taking notes I have a very high metabolism as well someone told me at first I would have to take in 10,000 calories. I think he is on crack
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    lndnbutler wrote: »
    Thankyou. I'm taking notes I have a very high metabolism as well someone told me at first I would have to take in 10,000 calories. I think he is on crack

Agreed. He's on crack. As tall as you are you'll need to eat more than us shorties, but I would think the number would be closer to 3500ish.
  • lndnbutler
    Options
    And that information was from a college student from university of Nebraska who was a football player... Anyways you got way closer I'm supposed to take in 4,000
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    lndnbutler wrote: »
    And that information was from a college student from university of Nebraska who was a football player... Anyways you got way closer I'm supposed to take in 4,000

Well, it was just my "expert" internet opinion. I'd kill to be able to eat 4,000. Enjoy it and good luck!
  • lndnbutler
    Options
    Thankyou very much for your expert help
  • adamhendrickson92
    adamhendrickson92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    steak, eggs, chicken, pork, greek yogurt, almonds, milk, oh yea theres also pasta with protein added i think barilla makes it. thats a good one for bulking. tastes great but always a little al dente kinda like whole wheat pasta. protein shakes are always helpful to supplement with so you are getting enough protein as well.

i recently put on a bunch of weight and im 6'2 so was eating around 4k calories to get up to 200lbs. totally worth it man i wish you the best of luck. eat big, train hard, and never give up.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    First off, 10,000 calories is stupid and unrealistic.

Second, calculate your TDEE on google - factors included are your age, weight, height, sex, and activity level. Roughly, your tdee is 2500 to 3000, and you need to eat +500 to that amount to gain 1lb a week. Protein alone is good for building muscle, but without an caloric surplus, YOU WILL NOT GAIN WEIGHT. That means you need to track everything that goes into your mouth, so you know what it is like to eat 3000-3500 calories. Get a food scale, use myfitnesspal religiously (at least for 1 month), and weight yourself weekly (weight fluctuates daily, so I prefer weekly).

Foods for easy bulking:
    -Peanut/almond butter (get natural kinds, tons of calories per table spoon with good fats and protein)
    -Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon is 120 calories! You can take 5 tablespoons before bed and that will shoot you up by 600 calories. Lots of good fats in this too.
    -Whole Fat Milk - Protein, Carbs, and Fats. Great pre and post work out.
    -Protein Powder, chocolate is always good with your milk, get some additional protein in your diet.

-Shakes - combine everything I said above into a drink: whole fat milk, chocolate protein powder, 1 banana, some frozen spinach (you don't taste it at all!), a tbsp. of peanut butter, and some olive oil if you need extra calories. Depending on what you put in, that's like 600-800 calories, drink format! So you can have it between your meals.

This is of course on top of a healthy diet... these choices above are to help you get those extra calories in.

If you bulk too fast, you gain too much fat since the body can only produce so much muscle at a time, so don't go over 500+TDEE calories. Of course go to the gym, bulking is optimal time to build muscle. I'd recommend a program like ICF5x5.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions above. I saw in your profile you're 19. Do you have any friends that are playon college sports? Often thet are given a weight/strength gaining program. Might be interesting to see what they're doing.

Good luck