Is it really as simple as CICO? (With example)

Options
So today I was rushing out to do a kid activity and missed breakfast but hoped to have my healthy homemade breakfast when I got home.

Well, the kids activity was 2 hours longer than expected and to keep my stomach from growling I grabbed what was available: a donut.

Afterwards it was a salad for lunch but just the 2 Tbsp of dressing and the donut (and some of the veggies - who knew raw broccoli had fat?) were enough to blow my fat budget for the day by lunch.

Calorie-wise I'm right on track and have room to spare for more protein and carbs.

Could it possibly, possibly be that I can eat a regular sensible dinner within my calorie limits and I'll be fine? Or does tipping the scales on fat mean I'm doomed on my next weigh-in? Do I need to limit myself to raw celery for the rest of the day?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with being over your fat macros.......
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Just try to eat a little bit less today and tomorrow.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with being over your fat macros.......

This.

Nothing wrong with going over on any macro (carb, fat, protein) as long as you're right around your calorie goal.

Having a vastly disproportionate day could leave you hungry (for me, if I get too much fat without enough protein) but as long as your calories are in check, you're good!

Have whatever you like for dinner.

~Lyssa
  • meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I think one donut is not going to kill your weigh in. It would be really sad if it could. Like a 3500 calorie donut? Then maybe. But a crispy creme glazed? Nope.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    If you hit your deficit you're fine. Donuts may not be exactly healthy for you by if you're in a deficit you'll lose.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    If you stay within your calories, you're absolutely fine.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    If you're on track for calories, you're fine.

I've lost more than 80 lb now, and you can look at my diary. Today's main attraction is homemade pizza, and this past week has included hamburgers, hot dogs, potato chips, and about three cookies every day since I baked a half-recipe of chocolate chip cookies. Not slowing my loss down any. CICO definitely works.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Yes, is IS as simple as CICO.
  • guslandrum
    guslandrum Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is just about the calorie deficit. But macros are important for health. My first 50 lbs was lost without worrying about macros. Keeping your carbs on track will keep your energy levels up. Fat makes food taste good and keeps you feeling full longer
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    A donut is around 230 calories

You didn't eat breakfast

Fat is a minimum (well good fats are)

If you are within calories it's fine ..try to hit your nutrition needs overtime
  • kf1834
    kf1834 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!