Whatever Happened to

Options
serendipity57
serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
Cleaning out the garage today found an old aerobic step, does anyone still do step aerobics?, what else can you think of that seems to have gone by the wayside?

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have an old aerobics step!

I stole it out of my neighbor's garbage pile after they cleaned out the garage.

It gives me the extra 3 inches I need in the kitchen to be able to reach the cabinets.
    Whatever happened to jazzercise?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have an old aerobics step!

I stole it out of my neighbor's garbage pile after they cleaned out the garage.

It gives me the extra 3 inches I need in the kitchen to be able to reach the cabinets.
    Whatever happened to jazzercise?

It evolved into prancercise.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting some steps again. I used to love step class.

What ever happened to the Susanne Summer Thigh Master?
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    We have steps at my gym but they normally get used as leverage for people who may find it difficult to do some resistance floor moves. They are also incorperated into body pump as we lay on them.. Soo not used so much for "step" :smile: Shame really I used to love my step classes 15yr back. - http://www.acefitness.org/article/2828/ some erm 80's/90's looks :laugh:

I can't say the death of the unitard & thong over hot pants was any great loss to mankind
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love step aerobics. If I was in the states, I'd be taking classes.
  • serendipity57
    Options
    Yeah I'm actually loath to throw the step out I think, might just turn on the stereo and get stepping again lol
  • DYfive
    DYfive Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I have no input to this subject, apologies.

But I do have the theme song to Family Matters now stuck in my head because of the subject. So there's that.
  • serendipity57
    Options
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember slide aerobics??

1189-2803-big.jpg
  • serendipity57
    Options
    And where are the leg warmers!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    14-Ab-Lounge.jpg?itok=FMAwEGVq
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    What about Suzanne Somers and the Thigh Master. I totally remember the infomercial from the 80's
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a step. It would help me with jumps and tricep dips. I might try to find one at a used sports goods store. And jazzercize is still around. I still do it from time to time and there is a pretty active studio in my old city. I also think jazzercize has turned into zumba, hip hop abs, and all that cardio dance funsies.