Any help would be appreciated

Options
I'm 5'10 and weigh 170 lbs. Consume nearly 4000 calories a day. I have been using fitness pal and been tracking for 2 months straight. Goal was to gain about a 1/2 lb per week, and I'm not seeing any progress. I have been increasing my caloric intake about 5-600 calories every 2 weeks. Any advice?

Replies

• adamhendrickson92
    adamhendrickson92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    how often are you working out and how often doing cardio? what are your macros usually? consistent 4k calories should do it so don't give up!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    If you're not gaining, eat more. Do you have a solid strength program as well?
  • bubbsjc
    bubbsjc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Strong consistent strength training regiment plus active outdoor job. It's tough now to find time to eat a cleaner amount of 4000. Dont do much cardio but maybe should do more
  • bubbsjc
    Options
    Macros are about 1.5 grams per lb of protein and carbs and about .8 lbs per lb of fat
  • adamhendrickson92
    adamhendrickson92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    your diet should yield results if you are able to hit the 4k goal consistently. less cardio will be better for gaining weight because you'll burn less energy and it'll be easier to be in caloric surplus. since your job is very active you'll have to eat more to makeup for the energy you burn while working. also, if you're making strength gains with your training i wouldn't worry too much about scale weight or visible progress, they will come with time.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was also stop worrying about eating specific foods, especially ones that are clean. Because it won't matter how clean they are if they wont help you achieve your goal. This thread has a list of foods that might help.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest
  • bubbsjc
    Options
    Thank you