Freekin dress...

Options
I've got an issue; i guess its a good one to have lol. I got a ball gown for an event about 3 weeks ago. It was a good fit, if anything slightly loose. In the last 2 weeks, i've lost 5 lbs at a pretty consistent pace and diet management. This is pretty much the first time in a while that i've actually had any consistency with weight loss. The event is the first week of March. What should i do? Keep losing or try and maintain?

Replies

• aubrie917
    aubrie917 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    can you take it back and exchange it for a smaller size? or how much would it cost to tailor it and bring it in a little? I'd keep with your goals if I were you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Definitely see if you can have it taken in, it would be a shame to lose momentum now when you're on a roll.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Depends on the dress really. Sometimes a good push up bra can help fill and gap around the armholes or if its strapless. Depends on your body shape and where you lose weight first. I'd keep going with the diet and make teh dress work not teh other way round.
  • McKittyJane
    McKittyJane Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall
  • McKittyJane
    Options
    Its one strap; bust isnt where i lose weight first usually
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    aubrie917 wrote: »
    can you take it back and exchange it for a smaller size? or how much would it cost to tailor it and bring it in a little? I'd keep with your goals if I were you.
    You usually cannot return special occassion dresses unless the tags are still attached and even still, some places just don't take them back.

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    A good seamstress should be able to take in a dress by at least a couple of sizes without it looking weird. It's all in the seams...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    A good seamstress should be able to take in a dress by at least a couple of sizes without it looking weird. It's all in the seams...

that .

i went on maintenance in october so my costume would fit properly

:P
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Get it taken in! Congrats!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Keep going girl. Treat yourself to having it taken in.
  • McKittyJane
    Options
    Ok. Returning/exchanging isnt an option, so i may see about altering it.
  • McKittyJane
    Options
    f868eultp736.jpeg
    As is now, i can pinch about a half inch at the top and an inch at the waist in the back. I know how to sew it into a corset, altering seams would be difficult. Guess i'll wait a while and see what i can do about a week before.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress and you look fantastic in it. Definitely get it altered if you need to.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Health first, dress second!

That dress looks gorgeous on you right now and doesn't *appear* to be loose or falling off. The fact that it has a strap gives you some insurance, even if it is less fitted than you would like.

Have you thought about using fashion tape to keep it in place? It's a kind of double-stick tape that you put on the dress and then adhere to your skin. I have really sensitive skin, but don't find it irritating. You can find it at Target.

Don't sew into it yourself. Maybe check with a good bridal shop to see if they have suggestions. Otherwise, take it to a tailor.

Are you going to be dancing or moving a lot while wearing it?

• McKittyJane
    Options
    heck yeah, dance all day! ;) And running around doing everything lol, im the training officer and this is a military ball
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I so hope this is my dilemma come July for my dad's girlfriends daughters wedding! Great job!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    heck yeah, dance all day! ;) And running around doing everything lol, im the training officer and this is a military ball

The dress is absolutely stunning and I think you look fantastic! Keep going!!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Keep going. It looks good now, not too big. In 3 weeks you probably won't lose a full size or anything. Inches come slow when you're not very big. They may come off your hips or thighs next anyway.

Pretty dress! Have fun!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress! I am in the same boat, ordered my bridsmaid dress and am now down 15lbs. It can be altered, and I am not quitting just to save on alteration fees. When the weight moves I go with it!

I would guess in three weeks you may need a bit of work on it. But I think it is totally worth it!