Scales are just not budging!

Options
Hi all,

I try and stick to around 1200-1400 calories a day, this is usually healthy food. I allow myself one cheat day a week but even then I don't go crazy. I'm doing insanity, which I am finding fun and I'm just going into week 3. I feel much more energized and healthier but the scales don't seem to be getting any lower, they are hovering around the 138-141 mark constantly. Insanity is very cardio orientated so I figured where wouldn't be much muscle gain and more fat loss?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring? Are your clothes fitting differently? You are probably changing your body fat percentage for the better--so though the scale doesn't show a number change, your body is likely changing in other ways.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a huge fat loss under month 1 of insanity, but zero scale movement so far. It doesn't bother me because between progress pictures and my tape measure, I can see the fat coming off. Insanity is intense, so don't be surprised if you retain water. Trust the tape measure, not the scale.
  • Laurababsxo
    Options
    Thanks guys, I have noticed a little more definition in my body but I just expected to lose weight too...I will start measuring from now because I haven't been doing so.