Anyone have a great Cauliflower pizza crust recipe?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sambamom
    Sambamom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried this recipe?
    Cauliflower crust pizza | BBC Good Food
    cauliflower crust pizza recipe from www.bbcgoodfood.com
    www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cauliflower-crust-pizza
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    It probably didn't taste like pizza crust because crust is bread and CAULIFLOWER IS NOT BREAD! Nor is cauliflower a chicken wing, rice, potatoes, or pasta. All of these cauliflower hacks are ridiculous - none of it is going to taste nearly as good as the real thing. And all the hassle for an inferior meal? No thanks. So I just eat a little less of the real thing. I do use cauliflower for bulking things up, like hash browns or oats, and getting some micros in but completely substituting one thing for something completely different rarely works.
  • JMLSZ
    JMLSZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It probably didn't taste like pizza crust because crust is bread and CAULIFLOWER IS NOT BREAD! Nor is cauliflower a chicken wing, rice, potatoes, or pasta. All of these cauliflower hacks are ridiculous - none of it is going to taste nearly as good as the real thing. And all the hassle for an inferior meal? No thanks. So I just eat a little less of the real thing. I do use cauliflower for bulking things up, like hash browns or oats, and getting some micros in but completely substituting one thing for something completely different rarely works.

Aw, Lyndsey... did anyone in this thread say they were looking for something bread-like at all?

It sounds like you really love bread and should just keep on eating it. Some people don't want bread, and do want cauliflower because they like it, and that's good, too.
  • JMLSZ
    JMLSZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sambamom wrote: »
    Have you tried this recipe?
    Cauliflower crust pizza | BBC Good Food
    cauliflower crust pizza recipe from www.bbcgoodfood.com
    www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cauliflower-crust-pizza

That's the only one I've seen using almonds...looks good, thanks!