Pyramids....

Options
Anyone out there have a good pyramid routine? Light to heavy, or heavy to light? Looking for something challenging, but remaining in the "heavy" lifting area. Looking for something at least 4-5 days. I have done a lot, been lifting 4 years now, just running out of routines to try out. Any direction would be appreciated. Thank yous.

Replies

• sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you're asking for. Pyramid training isn't a routine - rather a method. Work your way up to your working sets on main lifts, in incremental weight increases. And make sure you use progressive overload throughout your training block. (Increase the intensity and weight used in working sets each week, as you progress). Outside of that, you can look up routines if you'd like, but I would point you in the direction of Jim Wendler's 531 9 times out of 10.
  • Deweyeast1488
    Deweyeast1488 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks. I will be looking into this for sure!!
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    What is your goal? What are your stats? (age, weight, height, squat, bench, deadlift)

Have you done a linear progression routine ? Is your goal to move the heaviest weight possible, or look amazing, or a bit of both? Once you are past beginner level, you can branch out and focus more on what you want.

Without knowing your history, I can suggest:
    PHUL - 4 days a week upper / lower split
    PHAT - 5 days a week, very demanding, only suggested on a bulk
    PPLPPLx - 6 days a week, the best program for natural (I.e. steroid free) bodybuilding. Can do "Coolcicada" version of it for more bodybuilding focus, or Omar Isuf's version for more strength focus (with lots of volume for dat pump). You can check out his videos, he is brutally strong.

If you can't squat 1.5x bodyweight, bench 1xbodyweight, and deadlift 2xbodyweight however, you need a linear strength program like ICF5x5 until you can do that.

• Deweyeast1488
    Deweyeast1488 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 5'9 and like 143ish. I can bench squat and deadlift what you were asking. My goal is to lift heavier weight, gain some weight myself, and look good doing it. I have to still check out all of there routines. I need to do something different. Started counting calories this week, eating right. Now I just have to Find some good gym routines that don't bore me and that actually work for me. I will research on these 3 I keep hearing. (Phat, pplpplx, Phul.)