Recovered from restrctive eating and trying to keep on track

Options
Hey I'm Hannah :) Basically I'm self-recovered from a restrictive eating disorder (most likely Anorexia Athletica) but I though I was over-eating, so I joined MFP.. And it turns I'm NOT over-eating, but I'm going to stay on here to make sure I hit my target cals without exceeding them :) Luckily, I'm fairly active so my requirement per day is usually above 2000 anyway- yay food :D

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your recovery, Hanna.
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    yay, food indeed!!!
    MFP can be a good tool to make sure you are eating enough, and can help you, as you mentioned, see that you are eating a normal amount even if you *think* you are over eating. And remember, even if you do go over your target cals sometimes...that is ok! its life, it happens! :smiley:

Just stay self aware, and just make sure that you don't let your tracking become a negative ED behavior.
  • HanMW96
    HanMW96 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ashleyylo wrote: »
    yay, food indeed!!!
    MFP can be a good tool to make sure you are eating enough, and can help you, as you mentioned, see that you are eating a normal amount even if you *think* you are over eating. And remember, even if you do go over your target cals sometimes...that is ok! its life, it happens! :smiley:

Just stay self aware, and just make sure that you don't let your tracking become a negative ED behavior.

Yeah I went 20 over the other day, cause of an all-you-can-eat buffet :P
  • HanMW96
    HanMW96 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    Congratulations on your recovery, Hanna.

Thanks!