Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T

Options
Hi Everyone.

Has anyone tried Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs? It looks like fun...I don't care so much about actually learning how to HipHop because, well, because I just can't. Of course, it would be totally excellent to surprise my 20 something kids when I bust out a new move LOL. But really, would love to know if it's actually a good work out.... so hard to tell from an informercial. Like so many, my middle is my problem area. Let me know your experience is you have tried this one.

As always, thank you.

Replies

• ieatstickers
    ieatstickers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have tried it and I personally don't like it that much. I heard his workout with Insanity is much better and more effective. Hip Hops I find wasn't challenging enough. It didn't get my heart rate going too much. I say it's good for a nice dance routine/warmup, but that's about it. That's my opinion though.

If you want you can see for yourself. Everyone's body works differently, and I really didn't stick to it any longer than a week to judge too much. Vermo08 uploaded the whole series on HipHop Abs on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/verem08#p/c/680F45CBF65FB6EF
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    thanks - I'll give that a look, cheaper too. I run and lift but really want to find something to tighten the middle at my stage in the game (getting older, tummy harder to keep harder)
  • ieatstickers
    ieatstickers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    In that case, I recommend the ab sculpt. I only tried it once, but all his moves were targeting the abs, so that might be good for you. :)