What do you like to bring to work potlucks?

Options
Rage_Phish
Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
My go-to is usually a corn salad with onions, bell peppers, feta, tomatoes, basil and a vinaigrette dressing

What do you like to bring?

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    er...I usually opt out of the work potluck. I work at a big place and I always wonder how clean other people are when they cook. I get all skeeved out. The few times I've participated I usually make bruschetta or soft pretzels or fruit salad.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    soups, chilis, anything I can make in the crock pot overnight and bring it.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Avocado salsa or brownies! mmmm......
  • Ketzalitzli2
    Ketzalitzli2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My go to is a veggie/cheese platter.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    buffalo chicken dip <3
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork with sauce on the side and some hamburger buns. I find often people go heavy on the dips and sweets and I like to bring a more hearty, lunch food option. I can make it in the crock-pot and leave it on warm all day with a stir here and there. Most people seem to appreciate it... I know my tummy does!!
  • RUN_LIFT_EAT
    RUN_LIFT_EAT Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My SO always makes a huge fruit salad, and it gets destroyed!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Pot! I like to take pot to pot lucks but apparently there are rules about that! They need to change the name. So I normally bring my jambalaya with my special cornbread. It's to die for!
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    black bean, corn and avocado salad
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Last one I brought roasted root vegetables (cold, as I made them the night before but heated in the microwave) and curried cauliflower (tasty, but my apartment smelled like curry for days, darn you oils).
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Maple cinnamon mashed sweet potatoes
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    We have themes here so i've brought dakdoritang, caramelized white chocolate panna cotta, brown butter and sea salt choc chip cookies, heirloom tomato soup, Raddicho salad with hazelnuts, chive and butter milk, Ginger and caramel apple pie, Dark choc caramel pretzel crust tart, cold fried chicken, endive salad with soubise and prosciutto, lobster mac n cheese, smoked gouda and aged cheddar mac n cheese w/ caramelized onions and pepperoni breadcrumbs
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I bring a big broccoli salad with red onions, a mayo dressing, raisins and crushed peanuts or almonds and it's always a hit. I got the recipe off allrecipes.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    We have themes here so i've brought dakdoritang, caramelized white chocolate panna cotta, brown butter and sea salt choc chip cookies, heirloom tomato soup, Raddicho salad with hazelnuts, chive and butter milk, Ginger and caramel apple pie, Dark choc caramel pretzel crust tart, cold fried chicken, endive salad with soubise and prosciutto, lobster mac n cheese, smoked gouda and aged cheddar mac n cheese w/ caramelized onions and pepperoni breadcrumbs

Please let me know when your next potluck is....
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Fruit and/or veggie tray!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Usually some kind of meatball (Asian turkey, BBQ jalapeno chicken, buffalo chicken), some kind of mini stuffed pepper, or a frittata.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Usually some kind of meatball (Asian turkey, BBQ jalapeno chicken, buffalo chicken), some kind of mini stuffed pepper, or a frittata.

Whoa. Can I get your BBQ jalapeno chicken recipe? That sounds awesome.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Acg67 wrote: »

Please let me know when your next potluck is....

Friday, Caramelized bananas foster bread pudding
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @stmokomoko, not my recipe, but here's the link! BBQ Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Meatballs
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I usually throw something healthy in my crockpot and share it.