Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Post your mental disorder

Options
Title says it. Doesn't matter if its clinical or self diagnosed. Please no negative comments, feedback or vibes. If you don't have anything nice to say, press ALT + F4.

I'll go first.
Narcissistic sociopath

Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Title says it. Doesn't matter if its clinical or self diagnosed. Please no negative comments, feedback or vibes. If you don't have anything nice to say, press ALT + F4.

I'll go first.
    Narcissistic sociopath

Sorry, but I have to say something. There is nothing "fun" about mental illness and I have a hard time seeing how this can be a game.

Play on

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Seasonal Affective Disorder (seasonal depression)
    Anxiety
  • usmcmp
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

I'll go first.
    Narcissistic sociopath

Sorry, but I have to say something. There is nothing "fun" about mental illness and I have a hard time seeing how this can be a game.

Play on

The title of this section is chit-chat as well as fun and games. I think he intended on having a discussion instead of making it fun or a game.
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Anxiety

Have you tried high dose vitamin D supplements?
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Anxiety

Doesn't impact me. I have chronically low Vitamin D because my body won't use or store it efficiently. I take super high doses year round. Creatine has shown a positive impact on SAD, as well as regular exercise.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,120 Member
    Options
    I have too many to list.....
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bipolar Type II.
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    Anxiety

Doesn't impact me. I have chronically low Vitamin D because my body won't use or store it efficiently. I take super high doses year round. Creatine has shown a positive impact on SAD, as well as regular exercise.

I have this same issue. I have to take replesta 50,000 ius once a week. I had my first normal vitamin d level in over a decade.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Clinical Depression
    Psychotic outbursts but it's under control now.
    Low cortisone which f*cks me up when stressed.
  • Muzak1
    Muzak1 Posts: 599 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I have too many to list.....

This. Doc said he has studied me more than any other patient he has had in 30 years of practice and can't figure it out. Talking a top doc here and top medical centers in the county. We call it LOSH disease. Lots of *kitten* happens. Puts a lot of stress and anxiety and starts to effect how you think and believe how you are perceived.
  • lorib642
    edited February 2016
    Options

The title of this section is chit-chat as well as fun and games. I think he intended on having a discussion instead of making it fun or a game.

ah, thank you. my mistake

schizoaffective disorder, social anxiety
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Sarcasmist.
  • jenniferbushey69
    jenniferbushey69 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh I have the sarcasmist as well lol BUT on the diagnosed tip
    Bi-polar type 2
    ADHD
    Chronic anxiety
    Panic disorder
    Its been almost 10 years since I have to prescribed medicine for anything ....talk therapy , having good solid people in my life and working out and taking care of me from the inside out has been my "medicine" . I think its great to open up this subject :)
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Oh I have the sarcasmist as well lol BUT on the diagnosed tip
    Bi-polar type 2
    ADHD
    Chronic anxiety
    Panic disorder
    Its been almost 10 years since I have to prescribed medicine for anything ....talk therapy , having good solid people in my life and working out and taking care of me from the inside out has been my "medicine" . I think its great to open up this subject :)

This is wonderful!
  • jenniferbushey69
    jenniferbushey69 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you !!! It took a long time and by no means am I anti meds , I needed them very much in the beginning. But after awhile where I was beginning to feel I was losing myself in a whole new sense with the meds in my daily, I felt strong enough to take it to another level and begin dealing with the issue that helped create the problems. I think eventually everyone can do this :smile:
  • lorib642
    Options
    Thank you !!! It took a long time and by no means am I anti meds , I needed them very much in the beginning. But after awhile where I was beginning to feel I was losing myself in a whole new sense with the meds in my daily, I felt strong enough to take it to another level and begin dealing with the issue that helped create the problems. I think eventually everyone can do this :smile:

That is awesome :)
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    Anxiety and all that jazz.... although since I lost my sanity a long time ago, it's been much better...
  • JobyHux
    JobyHux Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    OCD.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    JobyHux wrote: »
    OCD.

@JobyHux What's something you are obsessive about?