Mummy tummy ...help and advice to reduce / shift / tone

Hi all , Started my journey New Years and have lost nearly a stone ..by eating right and working out ...what I'd like to know is there any particular exercises I can do that will help tone or reduce my mummy tummy / hanging apron of fat ? Any ideas welcome ! Thanks

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    There are none. You can't spot reduce.

This thread may be helpful:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

You don't have to read the whole thread, the most relevant info is in the first post.
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    No.... Eat less than your body uses.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    While you cannot spot reduce, since weight loss happens where it happens as a result of genetics, you can do exercise to tone up the muscles in certain areas. Anything abs related, or exercises aimed at strengthening your "Core" will help firm up that area, but you won't lose fat tissue there faster than anywhere else. In my genetics is some horrible code that says stomach fat goes last, so I'll have wiry pianist fingers before a flat tummy. Such is the case with most people.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    There are none. You can't spot reduce.

This thread may be helpful:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

You don't have to read the whole thread, the most relevant info is in the first post.

Do that

I did that

<- that's my mummy tummy now
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    calorie deficit
    core exercises to tone
    time for skin to shrink
    stay well hydrated
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Yeah, what everyone else said. But be mentally prepared that your body may have some permanent changes that you can't alter. My youngest is 19 months so I'm hoping there's still time for loose skin to shrink, but I don't think I'm ever going to have a waist again.
    Well done on your loss so far, btw
  • waterbabyreay
    waterbabyreay Posts: 1 Member
    My youngest is 2 years old and I thought it about time I made some changes to my body as I have been a bit in denial over my eating habits. They are not the greatest and although I am active I have not been losing anything. So my diet is definitely key to any weight loss. After having a much bigger stomach after having a c section that was not planned for. My stomach has taken a battering. In the last month I have been working closely with a fitness coach and doing a lot of resistance training and Plyometric work. Fitting it in around my two children is not easy and luckily have an understanding husband to keep me on track. I am busy and work as well and often have to keep working into the evening.
    I have started replacing my breakfast for a smoothie which is quick and can just take on my way to work. I have cut down on the unhealthy snacks and trying to opt for healthier versions of a treat. On the whole I believe you can eat everything in moderation just not too much of the unhealthy snacks which are loaded in fat and sugar. My fitness pal has definitely opened my eyes to what is actually in my chosen foods and I am trying to keep well within the distribution wheel.
    It is working and I have reduced my waistline by 9 cm in the last 3 weeks although this does not show too much on the scales after only losing 2.8kg so I am clearly doing something right but slow and steady. which is more sustainable than drastic weight loss which would just pile back on.
    A mixture of Cardio to aid weight loss and resistance training to tone up, which can be done at home using various HIIT training methods or body weight exercises which will work on muscle toning and strengthening. You just have to be persistent and committed there is no instant fix and once you start to notice results it definitely motivates you to keep it up. I have a way to go still but i am getting there and I think if you plan in your fitness sessions in advance and stick to them. It helps to pay up front for any training sessions as you know you then have to commit. Your health is worth much more and worth the extra, it does not need to cost the earth.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Spanx at JCPenny until you get in shape.