How I Know this Time is Different.

Options
montanamegs
montanamegs Posts: 16 Member
edited February 2016 in Getting Started
So I started out my first two weeks really just focusing on logging my food and watching my calories and nutrition. Last week, my third week, I felt confident in this process and starting adding the gym. I did 4 days of cardio to get back into the swing of things. My first two weeks I lost 5.1 pounds. My third week I lost .2. I was devastated this morning stepping on that scale. I was sure that adding the gym would have expedited my loss. For a split second I wanted to give up again . But then I told myself there were a million reasons that I might have lost less this week. I told myself that a .2 lb loss is still a loss, and that's better than a gain or nothing. Then I told myself I still wanted to fight for this. I dragged my butt to the gym and I got in a good workout before class. That's how I know that this time is different than the other 100 times I've tried. This time I feel that fire.

Anybody looking for motivation and friends, please add me. We're all in this together.

Replies

• Marathon83
    Marathon83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Exactly, a loss is a loss! It's not about just the weight loss, it's about the healthy changes, the weights loss will come over time!
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Recommend that you get a smart scale that measures body fat, water weight and muscle composition. That way you will know if you're losing less fat or gaining more muscle. Both are good but may lead to feelings of ".2 pounds is not enough."
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know that feeling! I feel like this time is different too. I will add you :)
  • TashaaaKayeee
    TashaaaKayeee Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Been there! Just takes time! It's not about what's on the scale but how you feel!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You definitely have the right mind set. It's really hard not to let us sabotage ourselves when reality doesn't meet expectations or desires. Keep up the great work! I will add you.