vegetarian/vegan

Sakura_Tree
Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
I am newly vegetarian/mostly vegan and was hoping you guys could share some of your favorite vegan recipes with me :D

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    There are a ton of past threads in this section and the "Food" section about veganism. You might try a search for "vegan" and pull up past threads for meal suggestions.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Baby bok Choy , leeks or onions and tofu stir fried with a bit of olive oil, black pepper and soy sauce. At the end add some toasted sunflower seeds. So good!

Green beans on a baking sheet with a tbsp of olive oil with salt pepper garlic and onion powder bake on 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes add toasted almonds when done.

Add brown rice to either!
  • laurel2106
    laurel2106 Posts: 1 Member
    I love "The Happy Herbivore" cookbooks by Lindsay S Nixon. Easy, delicious, healthy, low fat recipes!
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    I am not a vegetarian, but mostly eat vegetarian. I make lots of curries with things like: cauliflower, onion, kale, potato (sweet or white), carrot, parsnip,cooked garbanzo beans and apple (I cook everything in water or low sodium veg broth) with curry powder (I like spicy curry blends best). You can add some raisins while it is cooking if you like the little sweetness they offer. You don't need to saute anything in oil. If you can afford the calories a Tablespoon or two of chopped peanuts or almonds on top is good, and if you eat dairy a dollop of low fat plain yogurt on the side is great. I ususally eat it with brown rice or quinoa and a crisp salad with olive oil, fresh lemon and garlic. Yum, yum!
  • ravenMaMa
    ravenMaMa Posts: 1 Member
    A great breakfast is silken Tofo blended with a really ripe bananas & one table spoon maple syrup a half tea spoon of almond extract then layer in a cup with granola your choice of nuts & fresh fruit it's so simple but so yummy & filling.
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Try slicing some extra firm tofu into thin slices (1/4-1/3"), tossing in olive oil and soy sauce (or Braggs Amino Acids) and baking on a baking sheet in a 300 oven. You can remove them when they are a little brown and slightly cripsy at the edges and they are great sliced in salads or eaten in sandwiches or in pita bread. Or, you can leave them in the oven longer until they are really crunchy, but not burned, let them cool and munch on them like chips. Note: Trader Joe's sells a good, extra firm, high protein, organic tofu that is really good and well priced, or Wildwood is always good. My preference is for the firmer tofus that are vaccuume packed in soft plastic rather than in hard plastic containers in water.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    vegetarian times, pinchofyum, mouthwateringvegan are a few sites i use regularly