How to find & record leg press & back exercises by NAME in MFP?

Options
Joined a gym in Feb to use the machines to build back strength after a car accident & minor stroke.

I can't find the CORRECT TERMS to post these exercises in my daily records. Only "leg press " shows up..I need the thigh machine-adductor/abductor, and back machine, etc to accurately track strength training. the machines have names for their function, but these don't show up either!
even "recumbent bike" doesn't show up.

whatever I type in comes up blank..help! ( I don't use free weights yet, just started on rotating through 4 machines 2 or 3 sets for 30 min. Plan to hire a trainer soon to develop a program to build back muscles of lower body.

Replies

• leslieember
    leslieember Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Only cardio is in MFP as far as I'm aware. Muscle has mass, therefore it won't really be able to be logged for weightloss.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I think MFP is hit and miss on what exercises are available.

Bike (it doesn't differentiate between types) is in cardio. Leg press is certainly in "strength" as I use that to record my workout. There are definitely exercises that are missing though - for instance "box squat" isn't an exercise as far as MFP is concerned but my thighs disagree.

Hopefully the missing exercises will appear one day.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I think you are looking for exercises that perform abduction and flexion (adduction) of the hip. If you want to just log the sets/reps/weights for something from the pre-loaded exercises, search under Strength > Add Exercise for "hip" and log "Hip Abduction, Machine, Seated" and "Hip Flexor, Machine, Standing" since those are the only two choices.

Search for "stat" for stationary under Cardiovascular > Add Exercise and choose one of the pre-loaded activities for Stationary Bike based on your level of effort to get an estimate for Calories burned.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    thanks cybertone-- I will just log twice for ad and ab sets since there is nothing else as you say.