Exercises while injured

dawnfqpm
dawnfqpm Posts: 3 Member
So I messed up my foot and ankle so I'm in search of exercises I can do while sitting. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Might want to elaborate on "messed up". Are we talking sprain, surgery, etc...
  • dawnfqpm
    dawnfqpm Posts: 3 Member
    Broken heel bone
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    I did Bikram yoga for almost a year to rehab an ankle injury and wish I had the time/money to continue with it.
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Sit ups, Pull ups, Push ups...
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    I'd hire a physical therapist and ask for specifics but don't let him touch your feet. You could probably take up horse riding, but couldn't use stirrups. Otherwise, I would focus more on my diet. Eat as much protein as you can stomach, and try eating at maintenance until you heal. Otherwise, all I can recommend is bedrest/chair rest/restricted mobility. Don't even get up on that foot to go to the bathroom, please!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    look up chair exercises and dont do any that involve putting pressure or strain on your heel bone. Im sure most of those would be upper body exercises but still better than nothing
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    I actually found a DVD that is just all sitting exercises with a resistance band. Can't remember the name of the DVD, but I think Fitness Blender on YouTube has a chair workout as well. Check youtube, there are probably some around that could benefit you, maybe even pilates workouts, 'cause you could do core stuff & some exercises you can easily modify. Hope that helps!