Have you ever eaten carbs for breakfast lunch and dinner?

So I had cereal for breakfast and I had some crackers and a rye bread tuna sandwich for lunch is it going to be a problem to eat rice for dinner too? My mom wants to have mussels and rice, which sounds good, but I'm cautious because I'm going on a trip in three weeks and want to be tone

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    i eat a carb for all three meals... oats or potatoes for break, lunch bread or a lot of fruit, rice pasta or potatoes for dinner. i love carbs i love starches.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Carbs don't make you fat. Healthy carbs is the key :)
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Is this a question about daily carb limits?
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Yes. It is fine. Low carb is not required to lose weight. Just make sure those items fit within your calorie goal!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Um, at every meal...and every snack as well.
  • BodayJohnnay
    BodayJohnnay Posts: 185 Member
    edited February 2016
    Carbs at every meal for me, but that's for me and my goals. What are your goals? Just to tone? Or is strength a major focus? training routine? Activity level? Any health concerns? That will decide whether you should have more or less carbs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I pretty much eat carbs at every meal...I know it's all the rage right now to hate on the carbs, but it's all pretty ridiculous.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    I even go over my carb goal every day (I don't limit them, so I really don't have a goal but mfp tells me I go over) and I am still losing.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    fishshark wrote: »
    i eat a carb for all three meals... oats or potatoes for break, lunch bread or a lot of fruit, rice pasta or potatoes for dinner. i love carbs i love starches.

This^

Unless you have medical issues, no need to limit carbs.

That said, make sure you are getting enough protein and fats. Don't let carbs crowd these out, but don't obsess about them either.

• OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    fishshark wrote: »

This
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    mark-wahlberg-shocked-gif.gif
  • nlmillervt
    nlmillervt Posts: 242 Member
    If you're looking to be toned in three weeks, strength training might be more important than your carb intake.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2016
    I eat protein, carbs, and fat at every meal (in fact, I aspire to eat vegetables at all meals and they are carbs, and I usually--not always--eat some other primarily carb food as well). I just don't eat overwhelmingly carbs at all meals (or any, with rare exception), so I get in the fats and protein I want too.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I eat protein, carbs, and fat at every meal (in fact, I aspire to eat vegetables at all meals and they are carbs, and I usually--not always--eat some other primarily carb food as well). I just don't eat overwhelmingly carbs at all meals (or any, with rare exception), so I get in the fats and protein I want too.

agreed.. i honestly prefer fat so i fill up on that and protein then carbs.. but def eat carbs at every meal
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    So I had cereal for breakfast and I had some crackers and a rye bread tuna sandwich for lunch is it going to be a problem to eat rice for dinner too? My mom wants to have mussels and rice, which sounds good, but I'm cautious because I'm going on a trip in three weeks and want to be tone

So what are you doing to be "toned"

Doesn't matter what macros you incorporate in your meals so long as you get s good nutritional spread and hit your protein and fat goals

Dropping body fat is about calorie defecit

Decent musculature is about progressive resistance

Looking toned is about dropping body fat and having decent musculature over time
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I eat carbohydrates at every single meal.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Carbs are delicious and provide energy.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Yes....every meal, every day...sometimes dessert too!!
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 352 Member
    Pretty much every day!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Pretty much almost every meal/snack I have has at least 1g of carbs (except maybe when I nibble on some cheese).
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    All the time....part of everymeal
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    If I ate any more carbs, my arms would crunch whenever I squeezed them.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    No don't do it! Carbs make you fat, don't risk it more than once a day!

Yes of course you can eat carbs in every meal. I eat well over 400g of carbs a day across 3-5 meals. At 171lbs 10% body fat. Carbs have nothing to do with weight gain other than easy over consumption and the glycemic index.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Every meal 365 days/yr.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    I don't ever eat a single meal in a day without some carbs lol
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I eat carbs at every meal. 40% of my diet is carbs.

Yep. This.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Every meal I eat contains a good deal of carbs.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    I eat carbohydrates at every single meal. I love rice.wait, I absolutely love rice.
    bread too.. especially with nutellla.. yum..
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2016
    Every meal is going to contain a mixture of all three macros, and sometimes the fourth macro (alcohol), unless you are eating sometype of highly processed food. I assume you mean a carb in a culinary sense, which protein and carb is losely used, and in this case most people will consume a carb every meal unless they are on a low-carb/keto diet.