Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating exercise calories back....?

2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    katem999 wrote: »
    katem999 wrote: »
    It also depends what kind/how much exercise you do. I might not bother eating back for walking or the minimal burn from strength training, but if I'm gonna run more than 5kms I'm gonna need a bit more fuel.

Walking is the ONLY exercise I do. . Lots and lots of walking :lol:

Walking is awesome. We don't have a car and I have two very active toddlers so there's lots of walking to parks, shops, play dates, etc. (well, I walk, they get to relax in the pram...)
    I just meant that you may be able to get away with not eating back some exercise calories for milder/shorter exercise, but if you're doing something energetic/longer/etc you probably need to eat more to compensate. Walking can fall under either category, depending.

ok gotcha :smile:

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    grossly overestimating their burn from exercise

Yeeeeah, wow. I think I'm seeing a lot of this in my friend feed. Some of these counts are ridiculous, IMO.

I suspect it's like "vanity sizing" in clothing. "You burned 1200 calories in an hour on that bike! You go, girl! Now you can eat more."

Time passes.

"MFP, I've been trying to lose this last 10 pounds for a year! It doesn't work! It's too hard, I'm crying, I give up, pass the fries."
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I eat most of mine and always have. I set my net goal to 100 under recommended to allow for logging and burn inaccuracies and reassess every 6-8 weeks. It's how MFP works. And it works for everyone. By following MFP as designed and not eating them you risk nutritional deficiency or just plain old burn out.