Your most filling recipes!

There's nothing worse than eating a bowl of oatmeal in the morning and feeling hungry 2 hours later. What's a recipe you like to make (or buy) that keeps you full?

Replies

• mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    This morning I had 2 scrambled eggs topped with diced tomatoes, onions, jalapeño s and a little Monterey Jack, a slice of whole wheat toast with butter and a hot tea. It was awesomely delicious and I didn't feel hungry for over 5 hours!
  • marinagraber
    marinagraber Posts: 49 Member
    I always vote omelets! Two eggs with lots of veggies; spinach, peppers, onions, olives, etc then add salsa over the top.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    My big breakfast is 1 hash brown Patty, 1 egg, 2 sausage patties, and 2 pics of toast. Around 500 cals depending on the brands and such. Keeps me full for quite awhile.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Oatmeal with whole milk, a banana, and a tablespoon of heavy cream.

Or make the Oatmeal with a tablespoon of soy sauce, and a couple of squirts of Sirachi. Top with cashews and a fried egg.
  • mollyallen89
    mollyallen89 Posts: 14 Member
    Scrambled eggs with yellow grape tomatoes and avocado. I top with a big scoop of herbs that i blend in a food processor (basil,chives,garlic).
  • jhackwell2
    jhackwell2 Posts: 3 Member
    Add some protein to your breakfast! It will make you feel full longer. Most people so far have suggested eggs or sausage, but you can also get protein from hemp seeds, almonds, cheese, and so many more. A more well-rounded breakfast will help beat hunger longer!
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Overnight oats with Greek yogurt and fruit work well for me.
    Regular oatmeal is not very long lasting for me either, probably because the oats are already a little broken down due to the cooking which makes it easier for your body to digest them.
    Eggs or omelettes don't work at all for me, but everyone is different.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    A fruit smoothie with protein powder keeps me full so much longer than most other breakfast options. Also, greek yogurt pancakes on the weekends sometimes for a treat. Low cal but packed with protein, plus they just are the best pancakes. :-)

Emilybites.com deep dish sloppy joe casserole is a fav that is filling. Comfort food at it's best without putting a dent in your diet.
  • sweetcaroline109
    sweetcaroline109 Posts: 21 Member
    Thank you everyone! I definitely try and get protein in my breakfasts- I'm on chobani with almonds and an apple, but when i wake up at 5, my stomach is raging by 8!