Paleo breakfast ideas

ydyms
ydyms Posts: 266 Member
edited February 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I'm not a fan of meat for breakfast. Any other ideas? Trying to be dairy free too...
Thanks!

Replies

• Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Eggs with avocado. Seasoned with salt and pepper.

Poached eggs if you are really strict on calories otherwise fried with some extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
  • mollyallen89
    mollyallen89 Posts: 14 Member
    I sautee yellow tomatos and top with a scoop of chopped herbs ( i mix basil, chives and garlic in a food processor). Add a couple eggs and top with half an avocado.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2016
    You know there is no Paleo Police - you can eat anything for breakfast, and for any other meal, for that matter, including... dairy?
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Bacon wrapped avocado
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    You know there is no Paleo Police - you can eat anything for breakfast, and for any other meal, for that matter, including... dairy?
    +1
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    edited February 2016

Some people choose not to eat dairy- are you the food police?
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member

Choosing to not eat dairy for religions/ethical reasons is one thing. Choosing to not eat dairy b/c some restrictive diet says you shouldn't is something else entirely.

Eat whatever you want; just make sure CI<CO. Most mornings I have bacon. Sure, it's not a ton of it, but you can still eat it...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I'm not even paleo, but I think my usual breakfast of a vegetable omelet would be a paleo-compliant meal.

(Well, unless I add my usual feta cheese and eat it with some cottage cheese.)
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member

Choosing to not eat dairy for religions/ethical reasons is one thing. Choosing to not eat dairy b/c some restrictive diet says you shouldn't is something else entirely.

Eat whatever you want; just make sure CI<CO. Most mornings I have bacon. Sure, it's not a ton of it, but you can still eat it...

I choose not to eat it because it becomes butt tea. Is that acceptable??
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    I thought the difference between primal and paleo is dairy. Am I wrong? I avoid dairy as much as I can since I'm lactose intolerant..
    How many eggs are allowed weekly? I thought I read 6 but that's bizarrely low!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I don't think there's a paleo rule about how many eggs you can eat. And, yeah, traditional paleo would say no dairy.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    TaraTall wrote: »

I choose not to eat it because it becomes butt tea. Is that acceptable??

Hahahaha!!! Yes, most acceptable :)
  • samantha2127
    samantha2127 Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2016
    My go to Paleo breakfast is two eggs either fried, scrambled, or baked in an avocado. Plus some avocado and some fruit usually a orange, apple, banana, or a mixture. I have my protein, fat, and carbs all in one go.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sometimes I'll make a veggie frittata (sans cheese) or scramble. I use tomatoes, peppers, spinach and onions. I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but if you like those... throw some in.

I cook the whole mess in Ghee and will top with chopped herbs or a light salad and serve with some berries.