staying on track

Options
After many diet attempts throughout the years, I want to not only loose the weight but keep it off. i have been successful before with losing but not keeping it off.

What keeps you motivated after you feel great?

Replies

• TashaaaKayeee
    TashaaaKayeee Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What keeps me motivated is how I feel. Like... Wearing certain things & actually feel comfortable in it. Rather than the bloating, fatigue & thinking I'm not good enough. But also how much more energy I have. You just gotta think positive!
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    What made it for me is to realize that weight loss is just part, actually just the first step.

I've lost weight before, twice. But then went back to "eating as before". Only realizing that there cant be going back to "eating as before" because that "eating as before" got me overweight - always. So, instead of a diet, a permanent sustainable changes are required.

Make the plan to lose weight and then plan your maintenance and you will succeed.

To directly answer your question - feeling great is the motivation.
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at losing weight for the sake of losing weight. I find some kind of activity that I enjoy and want to do/be better at. For me, it requires a lifestyle change. A change from sitting around in my free time to being active, moving, doing.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    maxigirl26 wrote: »
    After many diet attempts throughout the years, I want to not only loose the weight but keep it off. i have been successful before with losing but not keeping it off.

What keeps you motivated after you feel great?

That right there. That good feeling you have, is enough for me to stay motivated. I can still remember how sluggish I was when I was overweight. That's the motivation right there. Once you reach a happy point, it's much easier to maintain. I have used this app religiously for 2 years now and it's the biggest reason for my success.