Am I eating too little?

Options
Someone said my diary was "awful".
And that the way i eat is disordered...
Can I get anyone's opinion?
I don't starve myself btw. I just get full easily. Yesterday I couldn't even finish a donut... So take that into consideration.
And I go to the gym every morning, I do 30 min of cardio and 30 min of weight lifting. After I have a protein shake and eat only when I'm hungry. I haven't gone this past week because I was letting my new tattoo heal. Any way my diary is open and accurate... Except for Saturday I forgot to put the rest of the beers I had lol but other than that, that's what I eat. I don't go by any diet I just eat. So sorry if its "awful" or anything... But honest opinions help. Thanks

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Yes, your diary is either very incomplete or it is awful. As in, you are going to end up seriously ill if you keep this up. Talk to a dr.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Posting another thread in the same section isn't going to get you the answers you want, because what you're doing is still unhealthy. The replies in your other thread are correct - you need to eat more or you will have serious problems. People on here will do their very best to help you, but you have to pay attention to them.
  • andygvr96
    andygvr96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am paying attention. And I just wanted to hear other peoples input not what I want to hear. I'm happy for ppls honesty because I never new eating too little was bad. But now I do
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    By not eating enough can damage your heart, brain and organs. Don't he foolish. Eat more. Find things you love those will be easier to eat and take a well balanced multi vitamin mineral tablet. It will at least give your body a wide range of vitamins and minerals your body needs. No need to take a multi vitamin mineral that contains iron. Your body will not absorb iron if it is taken with a multi vitamin mineral tablet. The damage from not eating enough can cause long term irreparable damages to your body. It would be wise for you to see your doctor and talk to your doctor about your concerns of not eating enough. A full blood panel blood test will reveal if there are potential serious concerns.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I don't believe for a second that that's all you're eating. You didn't get overweight eating that little.

And if it is all you're eating, you need to eat more NOW!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    andygvr96 wrote: »
    Someone said my diary was "awful".
    And that the way i eat is disordered...
    Can I get anyone's opinion?
    I don't starve myself btw. I just get full easily. Yesterday I couldn't even finish a donut... So take that into consideration.
    And I go to the gym every morning, I do 30 min of cardio and 30 min of weight lifting. After I have a protein shake and eat only when I'm hungry. I haven't gone this past week because I was letting my new tattoo heal. Any way my diary is open and accurate... Except for Saturday I forgot to put the rest of the beers I had lol but other than that, that's what I eat. I don't go by any diet I just eat. So sorry if its "awful" or anything... But honest opinions help. Thanks

if you get 'full' on 700 calories a day, why do you need to lose weight?
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Yes, your diary is either very incomplete or it is awful. As in, you are going to end up seriously ill if you keep this up. Talk to a dr.

x2
  • andygvr96
    andygvr96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Because I weigh 240 lbs.
    I used to be pretty fit a couple years ago. I was 150 lbs ran every morning went to the gym right after. But I started taking meds a couple years ago and that's the main reason I gained so much weight... It really was the meds making me eat so much. Because I don't eat like that anymore... But apparently I'm still not eating right.
  • LKArgh
    Options
    andygvr96 wrote: »
    Because I weigh 240 lbs.
    I used to be pretty fit a couple years ago. I was 150 lbs ran every morning went to the gym right after. But I started taking meds a couple years ago and that's the main reason I gained so much weight... It really was the meds making me eat so much. Because I don't eat like that anymore... But apparently I'm still not eating right.

Stop experimenting and stop asking for help online. Go to the dr, discuss the problem, get instructions, both on medication and on how to deal with food.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Some Medication increases appetite you don't put on 90lbs just on medication
    You said you can't even finish a donut well look at how many calories 1/2 of one is
    It's not about eating little junk that gains the weight little junk = big calories
    Eating too low your body eats your muscle then you burn less calories
    You also stuff your metabolism up so you need to look at your eating and exercise as a whole
    Go google a calorie calculator
    Healthyeater.com is good input your details be honest seditary is mainly sitting down most the day lightly active is moving around lots in the day and exercising
    Eat healthy veg fruit protein one treat a day
    Tbh at the end of the day the only person your damaging is you and you have you whole life ahead of you to live but only you can do this.
    Healthy eating makes you full compared to carb fat laiden food.
  • LKArgh
    Options
    Was the medication for a mental health issue? Based on your age, your current eating habits, and you turning to recreational drugs, this would be my guess, but sorry if I am wrong. In case I am correct, please do yourself a favour and go back to your dr. There is a point when there might be no turning back healthwise. Even if you feel awesome in the meantime.
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    As a rule, no human should eat less than 1,200kcal a day. There are exceptions to this such as children and people with medical issues but unless you are being treated by a dietitian, this is not you. As you are a man, you should really not be under 1,600kcal a day.

It is also very difficult to believe that with exercise, you are 'full' with 700 kcal or have trouble finishing a doughnut. Satiety(how hungry you are), appetite(if/how much you want to eat), and fullness(the sense of being full/belly stretched) are fairly personal and subjective sensations and we will all have some differences. But generally exercise increase hunger. Intense exercise especially so. This makes it easier to suspect that your diary is not accurate whether due to not weighing and measuring food or leaving food out.

If you are genuinely full, and your diary is accurate, then you may want to see a physician as you may have an intestinal issue.

That being said - Why are you on my fitness pal? I do not see any personal stats on your profile, and with what you have said so far it seems unlikely that you are overweight. What are your goals? Before you can change factors of how you live such as what you eat and so forth, you need a direction. Otherwise it is simply random modifications that may or may not stick.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you are not eating enough.

6 slices of toast for a whole day? really?

you need to EAT at LEAST 1500 calories a day and most likely a whole lot more than that.

go get help.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Perhaps asking this in your original thread would of been better than creating 2 threads basically on the same topic hoping for the answers you didn't get in the first. You want an honest opinion, not just people agreeing with you.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It sounds like maybe you're not logging beers? If beers are making up a majority of your calories, then you're not getting the nutrients you need for your body to work for you. Working with a dietician may be of help to you.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You ate a donut??
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If you managed to get to 240 pounds you clearly have no problems eating. I seriously never understand when people who are overweight suddenly say they cannot eat enough.

So what exactly changed that now causes you to feel full after half a donut?

I have my doubts.