Increased size when pumped

I am just curious if anyone knows if there is an average to how much larger your muscles are when pumped. I've heard that the total volume of blood can increase up to 300%, but I'm more interested in the actual increase in size. Just so that I can more easily compare my size when pumped to non pumped. Since we all know you feel incredible when pumped, and almost disappointed when comparing later when the it is long gone. Thanks.

Replies

• finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    Get a tape measure, and measure the difference. I have never done this personally, but I can't see why it wouldn't work
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Yeah that would work. I was more interested in my shoulders and lats. And more so the actual increase in size. But thanks, I'll get that a try.
  • JRMJr79
    JRMJr79 Posts: 19 Member
    Like everything else I don't believe an average can be established as everyone is different and there are so many variables involved in a good pump.
  • _EPIC_
    _EPIC_ Posts: 611 Member
    Depends on how long you work it for...
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    JRMJr79 wrote: »
    Like everything else I don't believe an average can be established as everyone is different and there are so many variables involved in a good pump.

an average or median can always be established. The question is what is the distribution. If it is a bell curve, then the average or median would useful and you could state the standard deviation.

Either way, the information seems mostly useless.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,457 Member
    Unless you're going out "pumped" in the crowd, just wondering why this matters? Everyone gets pumped up in the gym, but are you concerned that someone will see you pumped one day and then comment you're smaller the next time they see you not pumped?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    JRMJr79 wrote: »

This
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Synthol
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Honestly, it's just purely out of curiosity and to compare towards non pumped in that endless chase of being as big as your pump. I couldn't care less what others think, we're all at different stages and if I'm going to get worried about what someone else thinks Id clearly be doing it for the wrong reasons.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Unless you're going out "pumped" in the crowd, just wondering why this matters? Everyone gets pumped up in the gym, but are you concerned that someone will see you pumped one day and then comment you're smaller the next time they see you not pumped?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png