Have Some Sense and Be Gentle With Yourself

Options
I am 51, have Type 2 diabetes and have weighed over 340 last year. I have probably lost and gained 10,000 pounds in my life (including unloading 2 husbands). I have quite literally tried it all except surgery. In the end-sustainable and sensible life changes are what work. When you're my size-gentle cardio for a minimum of 30 minutes a day is a phenomenal success. For Now. And you MUST track calories and be honest with yourself about every calorie you put I. Your mouth.

I currently weigh 293 and I WILL be below 200 by the end of 2016...that is only 2 pounds per week. Noone's starving at that rate...no one making just sensible food choices. Guess what? Cheeto's are not goi g to get you there

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    47lbs is brilliant

you've got this
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    It is extremely unlikely that you can lose 2 pounds per week on a continual basis. As your weight goes down the loss will slow.

Stick with a reasonable and sustainable plan and you will achieve success no matter how long it takes. Good luck.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I am 51, have Type 2 diabetes and have weighed over 340 last year. I have probably lost and gained 10,000 pounds in my life (including unloading 2 husbands). I have quite literally tried it all except surgery. In the end-sustainable and sensible life changes are what work. When you're my size-gentle cardio for a minimum of 30 minutes a day is a phenomenal success. For Now. And you MUST track calories and be honest with yourself about every calorie you put I. Your mouth.

I currently weigh 293 and I WILL be below 200 by the end of 2016...that is only 2 pounds per week. Noone's starving at that rate...no one making just sensible food choices. Guess what? Cheeto's are not goi g to get you there

i lost 80 pounds last year and eat cheetos on occasion....

the more weight you lose, the harder it is to maintain a 2 lb/week loss.

trust me on that.

youve done great so far, keep it up, but don't expect things to always go smoothly and for weight loss to remain consistent on a weekly basis..... even if you only lose 40 pounds (picked a random number) this year, its 40 more towards where you want to be, and 40 from where you started!