HOT food for a lazy vegetarian bachelor?

Options
2»

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    When I lived alone, I had one of the little personal crockpots and would toss in rice, veggies, beans, lentils etc, before I went to work. Instant hot noms when I got home. Leftovers freeze well and can be pulled out and microwaved for a quick hot meal later. (I lived in the mountains where it snowed a lot and hot food was a MUST).

My favorite:
    1 cup green lentils (I think they're called French Lentils?)
    chopped onion
    chopped garlic
    frozen green beans
    And whatever I had fresh in the fridge- I lived in the mountains so it was often limited. Winter it usually came down to broccoli and zucchini.
    I'd throw in a bunch of seasonings, just whatever I had on hand, and when I came back that evening, hot lentil soup! I'd top it with nonfat yogurt for a little extra creamy flavor.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Soups and sandwiches and stir fried rice .... All different flavor a and concoctions, whatever is in the fridge. And I usually make a batch of rice blended with quinoa at the beginning of the week to use throughout.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    When I was vegan I liked to fry up chickpeas with onion, garlic, spinach and plenty of harissa paste. Meat free bolognese is easy to batch cook.