Serious question men...

Options
13»

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    My initial attraction is almost always physical. That said, there is way more to it after that initial spark. Personality along with common interests become much more important over time than a pretty face with perky boobs. A 10 with an un-bearable personality quickly becomes a 5. And a 7 that makes you laugh and will do things with you that you love to do can become a 12.
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Honestly 8+ but it is only one aspect and the number is not for the reasons the stereotype might think though. Like others have said its only one part of attraction. 'In shape' to me means something very different than 'hottest person in the room'

My reasoning:
    1. I have chosen to live a healthy life style, i am in shape but getting into better shape. That lifestyle is important to me and so I would want someone that hasn't just chosen that life but is living it. I think Joshua said it well...takeaways every other night just won't work out...

2. I recognise I am visual and there has to be a chemistry on that level, although as i said its only one element to attraction. If you're not attracted to the one you're with then that could mean they are really just a friend!...I think everyones had a 'we are so close and you're my best friend but i'm just not attracted to you...' moment. For me being 'in shape' is an attractive quality...but that could be defined in very different ways...a female weight lifter with 12% body fat is in great shape...but thats not attractive to me...thats the great thing about life everyone has different qualities and to quote friends...omg i can't believe i am...

What are you talking about? One woman? That's like saying there's only one flavor of ice cream for you. Let me tell you something, Ross. There's lots of flavors out there. There's Rocky Road, and Cookie Dough, and Bing. Cherry Vanilla. You could get them with jimmies, or nuts, or whipped cream. This is the best thing that ever happened to you. You got married, you were, what, eight? Welcome back to the world. Grab a spoon.

And the other half of the coin...there is an interesting study that proves that when a woman walks into a room she will decide who is an acceptable 'mate' within 15 seconds based on a set of criteria.
  • Ibeachlover
    Ibeachlover Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    As a guy, if I don't know the woman, then being visually attracted to her is a critical initial factor in deciding if I approach her. Then, for me, yes, a woman whom is in reasonably good shape is what attracts me. However, if I "know" the person, and they have a happy, friendly personality, and / or impress me with their intelligence, that is even more important to me. However, from an ongoing relationship standpoint, I do look for someone whom takes care of themselves, even if that doesn't mean they look "in shape". Ultimately, to your last question, yes, you have to be physically as well as emotionally attracted to someone, in my opinion, to have a good sex life.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Different guys have different things they find to be attractive to them, so it can't be generalized. Also, unless you have the emotional depth of a sidewalk puddle, that initial attraction can only carry for an evening or two. The sexiest thing about my wife is between her ears, and it's not her eyes or her smile.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    jaycich wrote: »
    Make 2 dating profiles, one of yourself, the other of an overweight girl. See how many messages you get and how many she gets. There's your answer.

Even fat, I am attractive enough to not have ever needed to use online dating.

People are attractive if they are intelligent, creative, fun, interesting and 1000 other things. It isn't all about weight or looks. If you are thin and still can't find a date, you really need to do some soul searching.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bbg340 wrote: »
    It's just one variable in the equation
    Be happy and smile. Thatll make u way more attractive than eating 1200 calories a day

This. Very well stated by Bbg340.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Personally, it matters less in a significant other than it does for a fling.

I'd say that it is somewhere around a 6.5 for a significant other. Being absolutely out of shape is a dealbreaker for me, but I wouldn't require someone to be an ultra-marathoning triathlete either. I tend to go for girls who care just enough about their physiology to not be vain, but can also sit around, and binge watch seasons of whatever during free time.

As for flings, not that I have been searching them out for a few years, that number goes up to probably an 8. I have a preference for either petite women, or very tall lanky girls, so that's what I search out if I'm not looking to build anything longterm with them.