Gained 3lbs after 3 weeks of dieting/exercise

Options
mengqiz86
mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Started dieting 3 weeks ago (1,000-1,200 net cal/day) and have tried to avoid weighing myself, relying on tape measure mostly. Stepped on the scale 3 weeks in - up 3lbs. Waited a few more days and that weight hasn't come down so it's definitely not water weight. It can't be muscle weight either because, well, nobody can put on muscle so quickly. would love to know if anybody experienced similar weight gains before seeing the numbers drop. I'm at 129, started dieting at 126, want to drop to 120.. I'm a runner and has been been weight stable at 120 for 5/6 years, but due to a sports injury my weight has crept up 9lb in 8 months - 5 of those within the past 2 months. Dieting is brand new territory for me so I'm at a loss as to what to expect. Any guidance on this counter-intuitive weight gain would be very much appreciated!!

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    like the chart
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    Where are you in your menstrual cycle? I gain at ovulation and right before my TOM.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Where are you in your menstrual cycle? I gain at ovulation and right before my TOM.

I'm on the pill in the middle of the pack so that I don't have that going for me.. :(
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Have you introduced a new exercise routine - maybe muscles retaining water? Or introduced any foods which may be higher in carbs or sodium? I'm sort of in the same boat. I was losing on 1200, trainer said to stop - that that was too low - went to 1400 and three pounds more than my weigh in three weeks ago. I'm being patient. Pants are looser although the scale is not cooperating.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Get a scale that measures % Body Fat. Mystery will be solved! :)